You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Targeting one cell in a table

Hello,

I created a table in Designer. I cannot figure out how to target the to left corner cell (above Density Options). I want to delete this cell. Failing that, I would like to make it transparent with no upper or left border. Failing that, I would like to know how to change the color of this cell. It's been hours of clicking, researching, etc., and I cannot seem to find any information. Clicking in the cell only allows me to type in it. Can someone please help me to understand how to do this?

Thank you so much!

Chris

table.pdf

• Staff

Hi @chriscaldwell,

Apologies if I'm not understanding your requirements/issue correctly, but I've just opened your file and selected the rectangle in the top left hand corner with the move tool and deleted it without any issue, leaving a transparent background behind. I've also separated the curves and then moved the borders. Are you trying to make this edit in Designer or another app?

image.png

Table exported.pdf

Hi Nathan,

This is exactly what I wanted to do. I am using Affinity Publisher to create a brochure with this table. I have tried clicking, selecting with the move, going to Table options and nothing has worked. Must be a bug in my software installation or something. Another thing that's been happening is a constant beachball delay now. 

Not sure what's going on using an M1 MacBook Air with 8G RAM. Something's obviously not right.

Thanks again,

Chris

• Staff

5 minutes ago, chriscaldwell said:

This is exactly what I wanted to do. I am using Affinity Publisher to create a brochure with this table. I have tried clicking, selecting with the move, going to Table options and nothing has worked. Must be a bug in my software installation or something. Another thing that's been happening is a constant beachball delay now. 

I've just gone through the same workflow on my M1 just to be 100% certain and that has also worked fine, could you perhaps provide a screen recording demonstrating what's happening when you try and remove the cell from the table?

11 minutes ago, chriscaldwell said:

I have tried clicking, selecting with the move, going to Table options and nothing has worked.

If you have placed the "table" in a document you need to select the table and click Edit Document in the context toolbar then you will be able to delete that cell

Once deleted close that window and your main document will update the changes

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

All is working now. I am not sure how I got it to work, tbh. I don't see Edit Document in the Context toolbar. Screenshot attached. Thank you. Still find it weird that the computer has slowed. Is there something I can do, like delete cache/prefs (on a Mac). Never experienced sluggishness with Affinity before. Not sure what is causing it.

THANK YOU!

Screen Shot 2022-09-02 at 2.23.20 AM.png