You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is there an easy (1 step, ideally one keystroke) command to fit window to image?

Why? I am making composite images out of multiple source images. When figuring out how to arrange the various elements, I have each file (up to about 20) open as separate windows, then move them around for a rough selection/composition. I can easily make the images smaller with command-minus, but the window stays the same size. I can also manually reduce window by dragging mouse and then command-zero to make image fully visible. That leaves a lot of irregular background on the window. With larger number of images, even a 4K screen gets cramped.

That's why I am looking for a quick adjustment. Thanks!

AffinityPhoto | Designer | Publisher V1&2, InDesign, QuarkXPress, Zeiss ZenBlue, ZereneStacker, Heliconfocus, Aurora HDR, DxO Optics Pro, DataGraph, Wacom tablet

i have no clues about resizing a window around an image, but i found that -with the view tool selected- a doubleclick on an image resizes it to fit the window. this should obtain the result you need, with a different approach.

take care,

stefano