You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Double click on page in canvas to jump to this page

Currently, the pages studio and viewport are relatively detached from each other.  I can double click in the pages studio to jump to this page in the viewport. However, the reverse action: double clicking on the current/ active page in the viewport to jump to this page both in the viewport and pages studio, is not possible. This is useful to manage the position of the page within the document, so you don't have to scroll to go to the page.

In the pages studio, this function is called "Go to Spread" in the right click menu, so I propose to add this reverse action to the viewport too.

I don’t like this idea because I often double-click the canvas to make sure I have nothing selected.

The Pages Panel has a Scroll With View option, available via the ‘hamburger’ menu, which should automatically scroll the Pages Panel according to the page you are working on. Have you tried that?

I have that enabled, yes.

Clicking on the page gives it a grey outline. What I would like is to be able to 'select' this page using a double click in addition to scroll with view. So if you have a page that is partially out of view I cannot double click on it to go to that page. I have my preference set to use zooming instead of scrolling, which is why for me it would be useful to double click to go to a page. It is because the scroll with view is not helpful when I am not actually scrolling to another page. Instead, I would have to scroll the pages studio and double click to go to the desired page, whereas I would have been able to double click the page below directly.

2071287112_Doubleclicktozoomtopage.thumb.gif.968c59bb68888f0453bdc5e8cc89225f.gif

But for now I am missing some of the features to manipulate pages with hotkeys, such as duplication and moving a page. This request would also be helpful in reference to that:

2 hours ago, GarryP said:

I often double-click the canvas to make sure I have nothing selected

Doesn’t a single click achieve the same objective? :/

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

28 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Doesn’t a single click achieve the same objective?

As I said above, I often double-click to make sure.
Try editing a Text Frame layer, then single click the canvas, note the mouse pointer, then single click the canvas again and note the mouse pointer.
Then try editing the same Text Frame layer, then double-click the canvas and see the difference in what happens to the mouse pointer (and the ‘colour wells in the Colour/Swatches Panels’).