You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Occasional black screen AMD Radeon RX5700 22.8.1 Drivers

• Staff
21 hours ago, Ben Weston said:

I'm afraid I've now reverted to Windows 10 so can't provide this. However, on the same drivers now on Windows 10, I'm no longer getting any crashes with Designer! It still tells me my system isn't "modern" enough to enable OpenCL but I've not had a single crash since reverting to 10.

Thanks for replying. This thread explains why you can't enable Hardware Acceleration but it doesn't explain why the app crashing. It's great to hear the app is no longer crashing but if you run into these issues again, please let us know👍

4 minutes ago, Leigh said:

Thanks for replying. This thread explains why you can't enable Hardware Acceleration but it doesn't explain why the app crashing. It's great to hear the app is no longer crashing but if you run into these issues again, please let us know👍

Thanks Leigh. So sorry to have added confusion to this; I've realised my Windows 10 install is using the last 'stable' (Recommended - WHQL) release of AMD's drivers: 22.5.1. I strongly suspect this is why I'm no longer seeing any instability. Sorry to have muddied the waters.

Thanks for linking the OpenCL information. Hadn't seen this.

(Really appreciate all the work you guys do and the quality of your software, by the way 👌)

• Staff
20 hours ago, Mikołaj Wójcicki said:

Adding to this. Just to avoid any confusion. I'm running Windows 10 and I am still getting occasional black screens.

Ok. With both Ben and Komatös running the the latest drivers without any issue, it might be worth trying DDU to remove all GPU drivers from the your system and try again with the latest version. Here's a tutorial on the process: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/ddu-guide-tutorial

12 hours ago, Leigh said:

Ok. With both Ben and Komatös running the the latest drivers without any issue, it might be worth trying DDU to remove all GPU drivers from the your system and try again with the latest version. Here's a tutorial on the process: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/ddu-guide-tutorial

Will try, I have used DDU many times, but thanks for help anyway

• Staff
On 9/21/2022 at 9:48 PM, Mikołaj Wójcicki said:

Will try, I have used DDU many times, but thanks for help anyway

@Mikołaj WójcickiLooks like AMD released some new drivers a few days ago: Adrenalin 22.9.1 Optional. Might be worth using DDU to remove all existing drivers and try the new ones. If that doesn't improve things, you could also try the Adrenalin 22.5.1 Recommended (WHQL) drivers

On 9/23/2022 at 9:59 AM, Leigh said:

@Mikołaj WójcickiLooks like AMD released some new drivers a few days ago: Adrenalin 22.9.1 Optional. Might be worth using DDU to remove all existing drivers and try the new ones. If that doesn't improve things, you could also try the Adrenalin 22.5.1 Recommended (WHQL) drivers

I will definetely try it out. Just to clear up some things, in the previous post when i said "I have used DDU many times" I ment that I know the software and how to use it and not that while trying to solve this issue I had used it many times