You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

There's been something of a gap since the last update was issued. To me, this suggests either that Serif are in financial difficulty (hope not!!) or are gearing up for the release of Version 2.0 (very much hope so!).

I bought Affinity Photo in 2017 and have happily received updates since then, while trying to do my part in supporting the product through 800+ videos in the InAffinity YouTube channel. It does seem time for a whole-version update, though what new features might appear I can only guess. For me, it's already the best photo editing software out there.

Whatever, thanks and good luck to you smart Serif folks!

Dave Straker

Cameras: Sony A7R2, RX100V

Computers: Win10: Chillblast i9 Custom + Philips 40in 4K & Benq 23in; Surface Pro 4 i5; iPad Pro 11"

Favourite word: Aha. For me and for others.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

You know they won’t tell 😄 No aha! moment for you yet, I guess.

You made an impressive effort with 800 videos with an almost scientific impression from time to time. My compliments. 

I know you in particular are waiting for Photo to be upgraded but I can wait much longer, just Serif makes a dmstraker effort measured in hours and science and ambitions to upgrade the vector algorithms in Designer to a professional level.

I guess you are waiting for anything new in Photo, you must have milked every drop of combinability and much more out of that program? 😄

10 Reasons Why Strategic Plans Fail
Having a plan simply for plans sake - Not understanding the environment or focusing on results - Partial commitment - Not having the right people involved - Writing the plan and putting it on the shelf - Unwillingness or inability to change - Having the wrong people in leadership positions - No accountability or follow through - Unrealistic goals or lack of focus and resources.

Get it?