You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

document size affinity photo

hello, 

i would like to change the document size without changing the quality of the photo. if i turn off "Neuberechnung" the only possibility to change the document size is to change the dpi. but i would like to change by pixel or by cm (increasing or decreasing dpi automatically). is that possible?

with best regards tadano

hi,

i'm not sure i understand what your goal is.

in the "document->resize document" menu you can resize the document and select lanczos3 as resampling algorithm. if you don't change the dpi setting, it will print larger or smaller, depending on the direction of resizing.

or, you can modify the dpi setting (unchecking resample) and have your document printed bigger or smaller, without resizing it.

or you can combine the two.

take care,

stefano

hello, 

i would like to change the document size without changing the quality of the photo. if i turn off "Neuberechnung" the only possibility to change the document size is to change the dpi. but i would like to change by pixel or by cm (increasing or decreasing dpi automatically). is that possible?

with best regards tadano

Hi,

When you say "Neuberechnung" I think your are referring to the "Resample" checkbox at the bottom of the settings, yes?

If you only want to change the pixel size of your image you do not need to worry about that checkbox, because it is only for printing images. So leave the checkbox on.

Instead change the "size" setting, the one with the two boxes with numbers — for example: 4321px X 1234px. Change either the horizontal or vertical size you want, and if the "lock" is closed, then Affinity Photo will automatically calculate the other side for you (so that your image is resized proportionally.

To make sure your image quality is still good when resizing, select "Bicubic" or "Lanczos 3" in the dropdown resample method box.

----------------------------

Desmond @ AFFINITY PHOTO TIPS

Twitter: @APTRocksYouTube Tutorials: www.youtube.com/AffinityPhotoTips