You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Some of my fantasy art

LassiP

Here I'm going to post some of my fantasy stuff, starting with this little object. It's for an imaginary world people who live there call Merilmaa (from Finnish words meri (sea), ilma (air) and maa (earth). Compare with Finnish word maailma for world).

This object was very much valued, and not that rare in the early days of "Merilmaa", for it literally muted (for one using it) everything someone else said, that didn't correlate with truth or perhaps, one might say, weren't wise. How ever, it is doubtful this item ever silenced everything someone said, for all of us have some wisdom worth sharing. You just sometimes have to listen long enough to get some gold.

Naturally people don't like being told they're wrong, so many considered this object "rude", if not a "false witness" or even "a wicked and extremely dangerous thing". Also people used these to bully others by claiming nothing they said was audible when they applied this thing, so it's use by certain kinds of folks actually became a real problem.

After some time these things first lost their value, then became exceedingly rare, then got all but forgotten. A good thing or a bad thing? Perhaps it depends...

SanainSeulaajamini.jpg.2c05aacc0765e8e97ac2d6e977a7034d.jpg

The background is a paper I first made to look old using a method I found from wikihow a long time ago. I scanned it and have since kept the scanned image safe and sound, so I can use it again and again. This is the first work where I've used isometric drawing, and will probably not be the last one. For final touch. I made the colour mode of the object "darker" so as to make it look as if it'd been drawn to the paper.

The runes on the little blades are of my own invention. they signify "S" "A" "N" "A" which is Finnish for "WORD". Using Isometric mode it was no big deal to put the runes on the blades.

I think it might be nice if Affinity had an isometrics system with possibility for perspective (things being smaller further away from the view), but that might be extremely difficult to achieve in a user friendly way.

Thanks for watching.

• 4 weeks later...

Very interesting and intriguing story.... It hints at the fact that older civilizations in many respects were more civilized than the current one we live in. Concerning (interactive) perspective tools, I think many artists would benefit from it.

Home: https://vectorwhiz.com  : : : :  Portfolio blog: https://communicats.blogspot.com