You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

blurry lo-res images when pasting into AP or AD

I have read probably 100 posts on this problem and still have not found a simple solution. I have images that I need to paste in to AP or AD from Powerpoint, Excel, sometimes other sources, and they appear very low-res and pixelated no matter what the size or resolution of the document that is pasted into. Examples: pasted into AP (left), pasted in microsoft word (right). I don't know the sizes of the images that are pasted in.

AP paste example.png

MW paste.png

Hi. Have you tried saving (or rather exporting) the PowerPoint,  excell etc. documents (or perhaps the relevant pages/parts of them) with a format affinity supports (I'd try exporting to pdf which, if not possible through normal export is atleast possible through printing options, perhaps something like view pdf or print into document or something), then opening them with Affinity?

It seems to me, the communication between os. clipboard and Affinity clipboard isn't that good 😞 But Affinity can luckily open a large variety of file formats 😄

On Windows, instead of copy/paste I would try to extract the images from the powerpoint presentation and with an image viewer, like Faststone, drag the images into Affinity Photo.

To extract the images from a powerpoint file:
1) Make a copy of your *.pptx
2) Change the file extention from pptx to zip
3) Extract the folder "media". Navigate to "ppt > media".

For Word and Excel files, after changing the file extension to zip navigate to:
Word *.docx: navigate to "word > media"
Excel *.xlsx: navigate to "xl > media"