You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

creating gameday graphic in affinity photo

1 hour ago, lcandelario said:

you pride your self as a photo shop equal or better

Affinity Photo is an alternative to Photoshop, but I don’t think Serif claims that it’s equal to or better than Photoshop (or even Photoshop Elements).

What kind of sports or “gameday” graphics do you want to create?

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I have searched every video and I have found nothing on how to create from scratch sports graphic template I hate to say it but Photoshop has a ton of them you pride your self as a photo shop equal or better however your customer support gets a 0 as is none existence

What a load of tosh.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

I hate to say it but Photoshop has a ton of them

Is this an advantage or a disadvantage?

I hate to say but also Microsoft has a ton of free graphics, … not to mention the entire internet (which, luckily, are not auto-installed on my or your or anybodies computer).

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Another one from the "Dark Side" .... All his posts are "Crashing" and now complaining again about something that nobody care...

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

7 hours ago, lcandelario said:

I have searched every video and I have found nothing on how to create from scratch sports graphic template...

To create a template from scratch, you do it the same way you would any other template: first open a new document & add all the graphic elements you want the template to include. Then use File > Export as Template to save it wherever you want. https://affinity.help/designer/en-US.lproj/pages/GetStarted/templates.html

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

5 hours ago, Alfred said:

Affinity Photo is an alternative to Photoshop, but I don’t think Serif claims that it’s equal to or better than Photoshop (or even Photoshop Elements).

What kind of sports or “gameday” graphics do you want to create?

I'm going by what the youtubers claim and since they seem to work for or with Affinity I guess I believe them. I am trying to create a football gameday graphics background  that I can save as a template and can use it with Cheerleaders as well something similar to this attachment if you can help I would appreciate it thanks.

il_794xN.3299653212_d2ve.webp

5 minutes ago, R C-R said:

To create a template from scratch, you do it the same way you would any other template: first open a new document & add all the graphic elements you want the template to include. Then use File > Export as Template to save it wherever you want. https://affinity.help/designer/en-US.lproj/pages/GetStarted/templates.html

Where do I get the graphics?

3 minutes ago, lcandelario said:

I'm going by what the youtubers claim and since they seem to work for or with Affinity I guess I believe them.

Do you have a link to anything that indicates any "youtubers" work for Serif, or is it just that some of them use an Affinity product in some of their videos?

3 minutes ago, lcandelario said:

Where do I get the graphics?

Among other things you can try searching in AP the Stock Panel for suitable items to combine to get the look you want. You can also search the web for sports-related graphic elements -- you should find thousands of them, some free & some you would need to buy a license for to use them.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

8 minutes ago, lcandelario said:

I have Affinity Photo I don't have Affinity designer 

If you are worried about saving the template, AP also has an Export as Template... item on its File menu.

Affinity Photo 

For the time it will take yo to amass a decent collection of gameday posters you could probably learn to do it yourself, make better customised posters and sell them yourself and earn some cash to boot.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Well that has been my question all along , educational videos on how to make these in AP but I cant find anything that explains it from scratch I am a beginner and these youtube videos never start from schatch or they direct you to short cuts on your computer that for what ever reason don't work for me any suggestions?

12 minutes ago, lcandelario said:

they direct you to short cuts on your computer that for what ever reason don't work for me

Which particular shortcuts don’t work for you, and what is your operating system?

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

2 hours ago, lcandelario said:

I have windows and I was watching this video however none of the short cuts on the key board were working for me

The Tool panel shortcuts like "C" for the Crop Tool should work as long as you have not changed them & you are using a persona that has them. Also, if you hover the pointer over one of the tools in the Tools panel, after a delay a tooltip should pop up & if that tool has a shortcut assigned to it, it should be shown in parentheses after its name.

For the other shortcuts, note that they are mostly slightly different for Macs & Windows.

Affinity Photo 

2 hours ago, lcandelario said:

Thank you I found the issue.

It could help others if you explained what it was & how you fixed it.

Affinity Photo 

Sure, since others would not help me I just bought a Template, no one showed me or helped in Affinity Photo how  to make one  Affinity Photo is like a supper market self service definitely  not for beginners like me if you have some past use with Photoshop then yea its ok but if you are brand new forget it Photo shop may have a monthly fee but you get live help and that alone its worth the money. After endless hours of search  I found a video that gave me ideas and talking to others on Facebook groups they suggested a company that sells premade templates at a really good price they also give you a free one for signing u. You can take the template and move the layers and that will give you an idea on how to put one together or since the prices are so cheap why not just buy them and reuse them and you can add and remove anything you want on the template. here are the links I hope this helps someone. https://ashedesign.com/     

On 8/21/2022 at 4:13 PM, lcandelario said:

however your customer support gets a 0 as is none existence

51 minutes ago, lcandelario said:

After endless hours of search  I found a video

"Live has Music for those who can listen" … it can be so simple to find help, not only but in particular for beginners.

Here, just around the corner, in the very first topic of this forum, created & presented by the customer support & for free … (start with the "Jump to …" of this lists for instance) …

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1