You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Page curl effect (with assets by GarryP)

mrs68tm

Shall I be mean with you?

I am a man, dude.... mrs stands for my name and my dogs`names. Why do you like making bad assumption about a person w/h knowing anything  about him?

I hoped people around here to make comments about my work not about me....

I prefer to post no more here from my work than to be offend w/h any reason....

Thx.

PS Picture is from Geleen-NL,

I realise that this is still a work-in-progress but one thing I would note is that there seems to be some ‘lightening’ of the page ‘under’ the ‘overlap’ of the curl in some areas which looks wrong to me.

I’m not saying that my original assets were perfect by any means, but I wouldn’t expect anything in the image to become lighter in shade after applying them. Just something to keep in mind.

If anyone is interested, the original assets can be found here: 

Hi Garry,

My main purpose was to learn how to use the assets, how to rotate them, how to put them in the picture 's corners.

After that, I will take time to make all the tweaks and the fine adjustments in order to be a perfect work! If not, at least a perfectibile one...

Thx

18 minutes ago, GarryP said:

That’s fine; I just mentioned it in case you’d missed it.
(I forgotten that I’d made those assets so I’m not sure how they work now – I’d have to figure it out for myself.)

It took me 15 minutes to flip them h and v, rotate l and r, and so on...

3 hours ago, mrs68tm said:

Shall I be mean with you?

I am a man, dude.... mrs stands for my name and my dogs`names. Why do you like making bad assumption about a person w/h knowing anything  about him?

I hoped people around here to make comments about my work not about me....

I prefer to post no more here from my work than to be offend w/h any reason....

Thx.

PS Picture is from Geleen-NL,

Wow, what's with the hate? You obviously completely misunderstood my post which was nothing more than lighthearted and a little humor. Nothing personal nor offensive in my post in any way. I even liked your post, so totally miss why you react so overly offensive and sensitive. 

So the one making bad assumptions is you. Try to read and understand someones post before reacting like this and relax.

10 minutes ago, MmmMaarten said:

Nothing personal nor offensive in my post in any way.

I suspect that the “bad” assumption you made was this one:

14 hours ago, MmmMaarten said:

woman? (mrs in your name)

For whatever it’s worth, I read “mrs” the same way the first few times I saw it, but then I came across a post where one of the images had a copyright notice attached. It became clear from that that “mrs” is Manuel-Remus Stanca. :)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

Please keep this discourse civil - I can see some misinterpretation many have happened on both sides but I do not believe that any ill-intent was meant from Maartens original post, as it read as light hearted 'banter' to me, but I can see how it may have been misconstrued as negative.

In any case, I'd recommend we all take a step back and a deep breath, as we shouldn't let misunderstandings get the better of us, or sully these great duck snaps :D

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

@Alfred Yeah, I think so too. I didn't make any assumption tho, that's why there's clearly an ? after 'woman'. I did that even on purpose just to prevent sensitive feelings if it wasn't a guy to leave it open.

@Dan C It wasn't even banter. But guess these days people don't understand HUMOR anymore. I'll leave humor out of this forum from now on. And I won't post any more in this thread.

On 8/19/2022 at 5:00 AM, MmmMaarten said:

But guess these days people don't understand HUMOR anymore.

Perhaps it is just that people may have cultural differences in what they consider humorous. That may also be compounded with the difficulty of understanding subtlety in a language not one’s own.

It is only about respect not about humour. I like jokes, I like humour, I like to get feedback (positive or negative) about my posts (in this way I can improve my skills), but I do not accept under no circumstances that somebody to banter my nickname.

I respected and I respect all fellows around here, I did not make any type of remarks related to their nickname, no matter what means in  their native language or how it sounds in my language or in EN or any language.

That was my problem, I was judge by my nickname by somebody that did not know anything about me, just assumptions....

Thx