You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Request for keyboard shortcuts for node types

Hello Serif

I've been using Affinity Designer for some time now, and have missed this quite intensely along the way, so:

I now work on both macOS and Windows with a mouse mostly, but also with an Apple Magic Trackpad 2. It is extremely efficiently stored in my muscle memory, so I work lightning fast with my right hand on the mouse/trackpad and my left on the keyboard for shortcuts.

I work quite a lot and often adjusting a lot, lot of notes, thousands of clicks every day for periods. I change node type many times, and I miss a lightning fast way to switch between node types with a tap on the keyboard. Just one. You can do that in Coreldraw for example (and Vectorstyler).

Today on macOS and Windows there are different and not as easy shortcuts for the same with mouse and keyboard in combination, but I miss that it is configurable, so you can also assign a key or a key combination for that matter. And especially just one key as a shortcut would make that workflow very easy.

So in short, I suggest:

• You add the ability to assign a custom keyboard shortcut to sharp, smooth and smart node.
  • That the option also can be just one key, e.g. S for sharp, O for smooth and A for smart (just example for illustration notwithstanding that they may be used already)
  • That in the pen tool you can ALSO use them, so the last created node can be adjusted to sharp or smooth e.g.

10 Reasons Why Strategic Plans Fail
Having a plan simply for plans sake - Not understanding the environment or focusing on results - Partial commitment - Not having the right people involved - Writing the plan and putting it on the shelf - Unwillingness or inability to change - Having the wrong people in leadership positions - No accountability or follow through - Unrealistic goals or lack of focus and resources.

Get it?