You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I just purchased Affinity on my Macbook.  I can not get any of the brushes to work on selected photos.  When I select any tool it does nothing.  For example, if I select the paint brush and move it to the photo and click anywhere in the photo, it does nothing. 

My question is, I I purchased an app that does not work with OSx? I am running OS X 10.9.5

Thank you

be sure that the layer on which you want to paint is selected (click on it in the layer stack) and that it is of "pixel" type (if it's not, rightclick on in in the layer stack and select "rasterise" from the contextual menu).

take care,

stefano

pilarbell,

Welcome to the forums. Sorry to hear that you are having trouble. Just a word of advice, in the future you might want to mention which program you are having trouble with as it might help people to better understand your problem and thus be in a better position to help you to solve your problem. Affinity isn't a product it is the company (or the Mac Division of Serif anyways), Designer and Photo are the two programs (with 2 more possibly in the works, Publisher and a DAM). In this case it is assumed that you are referring to Photo but it is always best to give as much detail as possible. In addition to what barninga suggested, have you checked your opacity level? If it is set too low you might see nothing. If you can't figure it out, take a screen shot of your workspace with a picture that you are working on and post it here and maybe someone can spot the cause of the problem. I hope that you are able to sort out what is causing your problems.

best of luck,

Hokusai