You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Placed Designer file in Publisher changing to a previous iteration of the Designer file.

mogsie

I have a linked Designer file in a Publisher file. When I open the Publisher file after quitting Publisher, it is correct. If I now close the Publisher file and open it again, it has a previous iteration of the Designer file. If I quit Publisher and open the file again, the correct final version of the Designer file is shown. This happens on my MacbookAir running HighSierra with version 1.10.5 Publisher. However, if I do all the same things on my desktop iMac running Mojave and 1.10.5 Publisher, this strange thing doesn't happen. When I output a pdf  on my MacBookAir, the pdf has whatever version of the Designer file was showing on screen.

Welcome to the forums @mogsie,

Are you by chance saving the Linked Designer file (and or the Publisher file(s)) to some sort of cloud or networked hard drive? This can cause problems.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• Staff

Hi @mogsie welcome to the forums,

Any chance you could provide us with the Pub and Designer files encountering this issue so we can investigate further? I've provided a private drop box link below if you wish to upload the files there.

https://www.dropbox.com/request/ENIIF66cz3svB3vMJ1N9

Out of interest does the same issue happen on the High Sierra Macbook if you Save as the Designer file and then link the newly saved version of the file in Publisher does the issue continue to occur?

18 hours ago, mogsie said:

I have a linked Designer file in a Publisher file. When I open the Publisher file after quitting Publisher, it is correct. If I now close the Publisher file and open it again, it has a previous iteration of the Designer file. If I quit Publisher and open the file again, the correct final version of the Designer file is shown

Just to clarify on the recipe for replicating this:

1. Open the Publisher File with Publisher completely closed down
  2. Linked Designer File on opened file is the correct latest version
  3. Close Publisher file but leave app running
  4. Open the same Publisher file again
  5. Linked Designer file is a previous iteration

Is the above correct?

Yes. I have tried doing a SAVE AS and relinking that file, but the problem persists.

And yes, that is the correct sequence of events.

The very same files seem to be fine on my iMac running Mojave. No problem with that.

I will send the files via that link. It's a map. Look at Strone at the bottom. I moved it a bit away from its dot. Also Knocknafeolaman. Both of these placenames keep going back to very close to their dots unless I quit Publisher.

• Staff
1 hour ago, mogsie said:

I will send the files via that link. It's a map. Look at Strone at the bottom. I moved it a bit away from its dot. Also Knocknafeolaman. Both of these placenames keep going back to very close to their dots unless I quit Publisher.

Thanks for the Information and files, I've been able to replicate your issue successfully on Monterey, rather than a previous iteration of the same file this could be related to how the linked document is getting re-drawn comparatively as I'm noticing the positioning of 'Strone' is changing between the two methods.

Embedding the file does seem to keep this consistent between the two methods as a workaround. I'll continue to investigate and get this logged if something similar hasn't been already.