You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export my project to an Adobe workflow. Issue with no groups (verly long single list of items)

Hey people,

I am trying to use Designer as my daily driver for vector work. So far, things go amazing. But, i am running at some problems now.

I created a huge drawing of a zoo. With a background, a story and animals all over the place. These objects are grouped in all kind of easy to use places so u can grab the monkey for excample, and place it on a different spot in his area. 

The issue is that the animator working on this project (Adobe environment) only see a huge long single list of items. There are no groups. How can i export all of this keeping groups i created in Designer?

Also, a lot of items are not working in a proper way. Like shapes with an opacity are showing up rasterized. It is a complete mess. At this moment, it looks like i need to redraw everyting in Illustrator. If so, i need to end my idea to use Designer as my daily driver. Because this will cost me at least 1+ day full work, work i allready did. :(

EDIT: It seems that i tackeled a lot of problems by skipping the export way under >file .. and use the export persona creating an SVG file and disable rasterizing. So far.. so good. Client has everything in vector objects with no weird effects. And everything grouped. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2022 at 12:26 PM, Callum said:

Hi Royk,

Just to confirm is everything working as expected now?

Thanks
C

Thanks for asking! So far, things are working out. But i have a lot of struggle to work with clients not using Adobe Illustrator. The export persona is not doing what i want he needs to do. But i hope i can fix that in the future. 

Right now i am working with .scv files bypassing the AI / EPS world. With some bumps things work.. but i am not feeling comfortable. I dont know if i can keep Affinity Designer as my main driver for vector werk like this.

On 8/17/2022 at 1:15 AM, Royk said:

I created a huge drawing of a zoo. With a background, a story and animals all over the place. These objects are grouped in all kind of easy to use places so u can grab the monkey for excample, and place it on a different spot in his area. 

The issue is that the animator working on this project (Adobe environment) only see a huge long single list of items. There are no groups. How can i export all of this keeping groups i created in Designer?

The trick is to use Layer layers instead of just groups. Here is the Designer file's layer panel

1255181601_ScreenShot2022-09-01at12_16_44PM.png.0ddddaaf89cd8d464f0c46ddac98fe6a.png

And here is the exported PDF opened in Designer, it could be the same for Illustrator, or whatever Adobe product is being used.

1490474624_ScreenShot2022-09-01at12_17_21PM.png.da560578391cbedcfe720d038697380a.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.