You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AFFINITY PUBLISHER Corrupted file

HI There,

my Affinity publisher file has become corrupted, huge headache.. it an important file..

here is the context:

MacOS Monterey 12.0.1

Macbook pro 2021 M1

Affinity Publisher 1.10.5

I was saving the file and save failed then the upon re opening, the dreaded window appeared with:

Failed to load document: AAS_MERCH DESIGN PLAN AW23

The document appears to be corrupted.

The document must now be closed.

• Staff

Hi Kevital, welcome to the forums.

I'm sorry to hear you've had a problem with this document.

If you send us the file here: https://www.dropbox.com/request/BV7fPLalmNBFdE0zJeN0

we can take a look and see if it is recoverable, though we cannot guarantee any timescale or success.

Just as a reminder that if you are working on important documents in any software, you should always regularly back up the document/machine.

For my own creative work I personally use a service called backblaze alongside iCloud to back up as I like to keep them regular, versioned and off site, alongside a local HDD backup of mission critical documents that I rotate out.

Lee

• Staff

I could send it to you but it's thankfully an easy fix to do yourself.

create a new document of the same page layout, go to Document > Add pages from file 

add the pages and save the document then you just need to resolve any missing files.

Lee