Jump to content
You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Recommended Posts

Nice catch @earl_grey,  

They all seem to be like that. I guess things will be happening soon(wish)

Should point out that I like your tea.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Staff
8 minutes ago, GenewalDesign said:

I went to website homepage, and base price is now 64€ instead of 54€.

Another sign that something will come up soon?

No this is a consequence of a strong $US which is the base currency on the Mac App Store. Serif mimics the MAS pricing tiers to make sure the price is identical on both stores. A number of adjustments were made recently most obviously to the € price 🙁 but our base ($US) price has not changed.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Staff
7 hours ago, 913 said:

Our pkr have gone from 9000 to 12999

Unfortunately this price increase is due to a change in the current 'Apple pricing matrix', which sets our pricing across multiple regions in the Mac and iPad App stores & therefore we have had to adjust the Affinity Stores price to suit.

Due to the recent strength of the dollar / weaknesses in certain currencies some of these changes are more significant than others, though they are beyond our control.

I hope this clears things up and our apologies for any frustrations caused due to this.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18. Oct 2022 – New iPad Pros are out and in the Apple Press Room for the products is a tiny information "leak", thats’ very interesting. There is a screenshot with affinity publisher on the new iPad Pro and the text beneath the picture calls is "Affinity Publisher 2 iPad" - wich means - at least for me - this is Version 2. And if there is a AP2 then there will also be a AD2 and AP2 and there desktop Versions as well. I think, the long wait has come to an end. Nearly. 

Bildschirmfoto 2022-10-18 um 19.30.59.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I guess Affinity will get around 300 € from me before the end of the year. And I will be happy about it.

Affinity Publisher 2 for Mac
Affinity Designer 2 for Mac
Affinity Photo 2 for Mac

Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad
Affinity Photo 2 for iPad

If my hardware/macOS is still considered good enough.

We can now be confident that above releases were the reason for the silence of the last months.

https://www.apple.com/at/ipad-pro/

DC6E90E5-815B-46B9-A571-92907F79753B.png

Advertising designer - Austria —  Photo - Publisher - Designer — CS6 d&wP — Mac Pro 5,1 (4,1 2009) 48GB 2x X5690 - RX580 - 970EVO - OS X 10.14.6 - NEC2690wuxi2 - CD20"—  iPad Pro 12.9" gen1 128 GB - Pencil

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Staff
3 minutes ago, Johannes said:

I guess Affinity will get around 300 € from me

Then I think that you will be very pleasantly surprised ..... ;)

 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Twolane said:

But but but I thought Affinity was D.E.D.

Just like Apple? 😀

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.5.2 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/14/2022 at 9:43 PM, PaulEC said:

I must be using the wrong software – none of the apps I use have anything like monthly updates! I'm sure, if they did, I'd get sick and tired of the endless updating!

Vectorstyler commonly updates every week or every couple weeks - it's always an awesome thing because it means fewer bugs and more features are added/improved

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, PaoloT said:

I'm hoping the Mac version will still support Mojave. Some (probably many) of us need some time for transitioning from Adobe CS6 to Affinity, and being able to run both suites on the same machine would be a real need for some time.

Paolo

 

I can totally understand this feeling. I have a copy of CS6 running on an old intel machine that I turn to for some tasks still not fully accomplished in Affinity yet. Hoping version 2.0 brings answers to a number of the things missing in the first version 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, MacPinguin said:

 … entire professional future …

Maybe it is not that dramatic. Transitions are manageable. I had several in my professional life as graphics designer.

Freehand to Indesign. Golive to Dreamweaver. Quark XPress to Indesign. Some smaller Transitions I can't remember right now and the biggest of all:

I made the bet that Affinity would deliver Publisher in good shape not much later than expected and began with

Photoshop to Photo and
Illustrator to Designer then
Indesign to Publisher beta and Publisher

All somewhere between 2015 an 2019. I guess it took a year or two until no new Adobe files were produced.

I am sadly still stuck with Adobe Acrobat X Pro for Prepress/Preflight checks of print ready PDFs.

Advertising designer - Austria —  Photo - Publisher - Designer — CS6 d&wP — Mac Pro 5,1 (4,1 2009) 48GB 2x X5690 - RX580 - 970EVO - OS X 10.14.6 - NEC2690wuxi2 - CD20"—  iPad Pro 12.9" gen1 128 GB - Pencil

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/19/2022 at 12:17 PM, Johannes said:

I am sadly still stuck with Adobe Acrobat X Pro for Prepress/Preflight checks of print ready PDFs.

I hope progress is made on this part. 

OS Name    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version    10.0.17134 Build 17134
System Type    x64-based PC

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Rondem said:

I hope progress is made on this part. 

There is a solution. If I have to leave Mojave and/or my Intel-Mac before Affinity has preflight for pdf-files and color separation preview – I will invest €625.00 ex VAT or so in Callas PDF Toolbox Desktop Software. "… the "Preflight" plug-in that can be found in Adobe Acrobat Pro, was developed by callas software." First I will evaluate other features in the trial version. You could also buy a perpetual license of Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 for €570,00 ex VAT but I don't like/trust Adobe anymore. They made me an Affinity fan.

Edited by Johannes
inserted link to Acrobat perpetual license

Advertising designer - Austria —  Photo - Publisher - Designer — CS6 d&wP — Mac Pro 5,1 (4,1 2009) 48GB 2x X5690 - RX580 - 970EVO - OS X 10.14.6 - NEC2690wuxi2 - CD20"—  iPad Pro 12.9" gen1 128 GB - Pencil

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Personally, I can't wait until ded V1 is replaced by ded V2. The "why didn't they include this, why did they include that" threads will be most amusing, to say the least.

So, ya. I'll be paying the price, whatever it is! I've never had more fun with a product I've only owned for a short time. It's even more fun reading some of the threads forecasting imminent demise, ded by subscription, and why do I have to uninstall MS KB updates? Why can't Affinity do their job and fix Microsoft?

🤡

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Truthfully, my impatience isn't just about anticipation. Yes. I'd certainly love to get my grubby hands on the v2 apps with their new features and bug fixes. That goes without saying. However, my eagerness is really born out of finances.

We're near the end of the year. Like a lot of people, my money gets earmarked to an endless array of secondary expenses. For starters, Christmas is right around the corner and THIS Santa has a list a mile long. On top of that, this always seems to be the time of the year when all of my other license/subscriptions are due for renewal or upgrade. Maya. MS Office. Substance. Marvelous Designer. World Creator. ETC and so on. Tack onto that the 8+ streaming services that all want my money this time of the year and it becomes a fiscal juggling act until January.

Right now, I've got it ALL budgeted out with just enough "funny money" to throw Serif's way for the v2 apps. However, if I had the slightest inkling that they weren't going to be available soon(-ish) then I'd just toss that extra money Steam's way for a handful of new games that I won't have time to play on my Steam Deck that I also don't have time to play. 😁 ATM, I'd much rather give my money to Serif since spending money helps me make more money.

Edited by cookepuss
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.