You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

26 minutes ago, mutaforme said:

I didn't install yet. Anyway are there any AI features in the v2?

You don't have to worry about installing version 2: not only can you use version 1 and version 2 on the same machine at the same time, but the trial period has been extended to 30 days.

Adobe Illustrator and Affinity Designeer are not quite the same software. So of course there are differences in the distribution, the number and the extent of the features.
To answer your question, it would seem to be: Yes and more.

More information here: https://affinity.serif.com/fr/whats-new/

6 cœurs, 12 processus - Windows 11 pro - 4K - DirectX 12 - Suite universelle Affinity (Affinity  Publisher, Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo).

Mais je vous le demande, peut-on imaginer une police sans sérifs ?

OMG, am I the only one that bought V1 just before 2 months ago? (7 September exactly)

I have no idea they're going to release V2 so fast... why???

It turns out that V2 releases today, and it's now even cheaper than the one I bought (NTD 1,790 and NTD 1,390).

I'm so upset now. What should I do?

Edited by Wuuu

14 minutes ago, Pyanepsion said:

Of course, there is the question of what one imagines under the term "any AI features".

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

The same as some others have said, this is an instant buy for me. I've been a loyal Affinity customer since the earliest days of Designer, so no sense in stopping now when they're giving us more of a good thing!

I will say though, that there are some basic things missing that I was honestly just so expecting v2 to have that I didn't even think would be absent. The first to come to mind is proper tri-fold (or other) brochures in Publisher, as opposed to creating somewhat hacky custom layouts/templates yourself. I mean, they're so common in the world, how does v2 not support them still?!

Besides that, I was hoping for a motion graphics tool to get added to the suite from how the teaser video had so over-the-top mograph that it really seemed like they were hinting at that coming. I'm not surprised as they've said in the past that no animation support was planned for their software; I just had my hopes up! :D I would love to see an Affinity Motion Effects in the future though... hint, hint!

Just seen brief review from Jhon Silva all features he shown looked awesome ie mesh/warp tool, knife/scissors, shape builder BUT what I haven't seen yet is there "Auto-Trace" tool anywhere??????? We have been asking for auto trace feature for very long time and I was hoping it would be finally here in v2 ?!?!? It's very import to my workflow in logo and illustration design to import paper sketches and quickly convert them to vector! Right now I have to either use Vector Magic or Adobe Illustrator first and than import it into Affinity Designer :(

23 minutes ago, Pyanepsion said:

You don't have to worry about installing version 2: not only can you use version 1 and version 2 on the same machine at the same time, but the trial period has been extended to 30 days.

Adobe Illustrator and Affinity Designeer are not quite the same software. So of course there are differences in the distribution, the number and the extent of the features.

More information here: https://affinity.serif.com/fr/whats-new/

Sorry, I didn't explain well. I mean AI=Artificial intelligence.   

For example change the sky, remove the background automatically etc... 

Does anybody know how to quickly disable/enable masks in version 2 of Affinity Photo? In version 1.x you could just SHIFT+CLICK on their thumbnails to quickly disable or enable them, but doing so in V2 does nothing. :35_thinking:

Affinity Photo 2.3.1 for Windows  OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 ver. 22H2  CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core  RAM: 64 GB DDR5-6400  GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB / driver 526.98  NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB  Monitors: 2x Eizo ColorEdge CS2420 24"

• Staff

There are lots and lots of basic questions being posted here. @Alex_M, @saikat, @Wuuu (Welcome to the forums), @dude123

and to all other new posters today

If you have questions about the software please make new threads in the Questions Forum.

This thread was created to discuss the possibility of 2.0 being launched. We now know it has been, so this thread has served it's purpose. This thread is now locked 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon