You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff
2 minutes ago, R C-R said:

I thought that one person was the joke!

steady, please don't go any further down this line

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
Just now, dcr said:

so I think that may debunk the speculation Serif is selling out to them.

But what about us buying them out ???

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

14 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

Half an hour ago I thought the same. Serif bought Adobe and now, the Serif of Nothingem is in charge to decide -- which Adobe apps will be executed and which will be spared. :)

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

7 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

Remember when Quark talked of buying Adobe 20 odd years ago? Just think, no InDesign and Photoshop and Illustrator absorbed into QuarkXpress!

3 minutes ago, NNN said:

which Adobe apps will be executed and which will be spared. :)

Affinity Publisher & Adobe InDesign would get merged into Affinity InDesign, dropping the "Publisher" name to escape the negative association with Microsoft Publisher.

Affinity Photo & Adobe Photoshop would probably become Affinity Photoshop.

Affinity Designer & Adobe Illustrator, well, that's anyone's guess.

Basically, everything Adobe would be renamed Affinity, except for a simplistic graphic editor for the social media crowd.  That near useless app can keep the Adobe name.

2 minutes ago, iMatt said:

Remember when Quark talked of buying Adobe 20 odd years ago? Just think, no InDesign and Photoshop and Illustrator absorbed into QuarkXpress!

You're talking about Quark.  Photoshop and Illustrator would have been broken up into multiple Quark plugins that would have cost $500 each.  And then each new release of QuarkXPress would break the plugins so you'd have to buy all new ones.

18 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

I'm not gonna pay for the raised subscription prices FYI. So not a good business model.

But you can opensource Creative Cloud. It ain't got any good tech besides obfuscated proprietary file formats anyways... Not sure how that's a better business model either.

Besides, professionals only use Affinity V2, starting tomorrow.

Oh, and when the Adobe logos are taken off their buildings, have a livestream event where the Adobe signage is thrown into a big bonfire or, if the materials are environmentally unsafe for burning, livestream them being thrown into an industrial shredder or destroyed with axes and sledgehammers.

1 minute ago, tevice said:

GMT?

No, PMS. :)

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

I enjoy pointless speculation as much as the next person. This thread is filled with examples I've enjoyed reading.

Jokes about Serif buying Adobe are good for a chuckle.

Newer forum members might want to visit Serif Europe's world headquarters in Nottingham as captured in April 2022 in Google Street View (yes, that's a duck flying by in the upper right corner, not a plastic model attached to the light stanchion.  He's visible in a couple of images as you ride down the alleyway in Street View).

image.png.2e059ec4c4ead22240c97080ab19ae17.png

Compare to Adobe world headquarters in San Jose, California, in January 2021. Adobe has dozens of other locations around the world.

image.png.dad725cf5beedc0e0b6cb1b3d7859a6a.png

Speculation about the exact hour of the next APhoto release reminds me that I stayed home from work on the day that Windows 95 was released based on Amazon's promise to deliver my copy on that very day. The express delivery driver handed the software package directly into my hands around midmorning.

Today, I continue to breathe deeply into a paper bag while waiting for "Something Big" in Affinity Photo.

Affinity Photo 2.4.1 (MSI) and 1.10.6; Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 (MSI) and 1.10.6. Windows 10 Home x64 version 22H2.
Dell XPS 8940, 16 GB Ram, Intel Core i7-11700K @ 3.60 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060

9 minutes ago, Granddaddy said:

I enjoy pointless speculation as much as the next person. This thread is filled with examples I've enjoyed reading.

Jokes about Serif buying Adobe are good for a chuckle.

Newer forum members might want to visit Serif Europe's world headquarters in Nottingham as captured in April 2022 in Google Street View (yes, that's a duck flying by in the upper right corner, not a plastic model attached to the light stanchion.  He's visible in a couple of images as you ride down the alleyway in Street View).

image.png.2e059ec4c4ead22240c97080ab19ae17.png

Ah, yes. Driven past there many times! Amazing that a company this size can turn out such fantastic software with such great and personable support. Thanks to all involved! Good people! 

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Ventura
MacBook Pro, 13", M1 2020 • 16 GB • macOS Ventura
iPad Air 2022

4 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

Well you have my attention Sir. A buyout? Not something would have foreseen! 

iMac late 2012 / OS 10.14.6 / Affinity newbie /