You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have Apub but don't really need or use it so unsure as to whether I will get ver 2.

Will defo get AP & AD so I'm hoping the studio link in ver 1 APub will work with ver 2 of AP & AD.

Let's hope the sales/download system doesn't crash from being overloaded as judging from the posts I've seen there is a virtual queue building up already.

In the presentation, there was mention of Affinity as a suite of programs. Could we see a unified installer a la Office or CorelDraw? Purchase Affinity Suite V 2.0 for say $120/£120. Or buy each separate prog, Designer, Photo and Publisher for $50/£50 each. I would also like to see something lie 'Affinity Web'. A web design prog based on the graphics capabilities of Designer and Photo. With the page layout abilities of Publisher.

1 minute ago, iMatt said:

In the presentation, there was mention of Affinity as a suite of programs.

I'm really hoping for greater integration.  I use Publisher for almost everything simply because of the better integration.

What would be ideal is being able to create a custom perspective with all the tools you want from any of the 3 programs.

• Staff
5 minutes ago, iMatt said:

Purchase Affinity Suite V 2.0 for say $120/£120. Or buy each separate prog, Designer, Photo and Publisher for $50/£50 each.

👀 interesting

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

1 minute ago, iMatt said:

In the presentation, there was mention of Affinity as a suite of programs. Could we see a unified installer a la Office or CorelDraw? Purchase Affinity Suite V 2.0 for say $120/£120. Or buy each separate prog, Designer, Photo and Publisher for $50/£50 each. 

Affinity is already classed as a suite but only sold as 3 individual programs. While what you say can't be ruled out there is a big market for just AP (photographers) and just AD (budding designers) and a big market for all 3. Serif offers are already good value & I can't see them giving further discounts if you buy all 3 in a 'half price sale'

6 minutes ago, Dangerous said:

Affinity is already classed as a suite but only sold as 3 individual programs

Actually, there are currently 5 V1 apps, 3 each for Windows & Mac, & 2 for iPad....

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

26 minutes ago, Graphite Addict said:

Is your last name Wayne? And what are your feelings on bats?

Not Wayne even though I truly loved Adam West, Burt Ward et al's version of the show. 

The only bats I know are the ones residing in my belfry, they are from Walt Kelly's Pogo. I like them a lot.

Huge fan of Kato from the Green Hornet. Played by the late great Bruce Lee.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• Staff
3 minutes ago, R C-R said:

Actually, there are currently 5 V1 apps, 3 each for Windows & Mac, & 2 for iPad....

and the Microsoft store 3 applications are not the same as the Affinity store Windows 3 applications, and the Mac App Store 3 builds are not the same as the Affinity Store macSO 3 builds and there are 2 on iPad Store, so there 8 applications/OS combinations and 14 possible builds  (for now ;) )

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

3 hours ago, Stepaan said:

See previous three posts ;-) 😄

They're talking about video editing, not motion graphics! ;)

I do think it's a long stretch, but that's what I'm dreaming of seeing at least! Most likely is that it'll be Publisher for iPad (hence Publisher having an updated icon in the video while Photo and Designer's icons remained unchanged), and an Affinity Creative Suite bundle it would seem.

6 hours ago, Bryan Rieger said:

Honestly, I'd be super happy if Serif simply evolved their existing applications and ideas...

Agreed. I don't need any new programs just improvements on what they've already got. I still haven't transitioned away from Adobe to Affinity despite attempting to numerous times. I think the Affinity programs are great but they're missing a few too many things that I need.

Probably an unpopular opinion but if they need to increase prices to have enough resources to make Affinity a real threat to Adobe then I am ok with that. If they had subscription there'd be an uproar but if they have an option for perpetual licensing as well then I think that'd be ok.

I'd like to see things in Designer taken from Illustrator like - a knife tool, the 'edit colours' functionality, a better stroke smoothing algorithm as their pencil tool creates too many points and an iPad app that is a little more intuitive for touch use. The Illustrator iPad app runs terribly but there are a few UX/UI treatments in there that keep you from diving through too many menus like the Designer iPad app. I also have trouble getting designs out of Designer into Adobe After Effects but I'm not sure that'll ever improve without access to the AI format.

Very keen to see what 2.0 is all about. It's on my bday, so maybe it'll be a good present.

55 minutes ago, Dangerous said:

Will defo get AP & AD so I'm hoping the studio link in ver 1 APub will work with ver 2 of AP & AD.

That seems very unlikely. In V1 the StudioLink function required compatible releases of the V1 applications. Thus, for StudioLink to work in Publisher 1.9 you needed to have Photo and/or Designer 1.9, too. I'm pretty sure that was also true for 1.10. If you had Publisher 1.10 you needed Photo and/or Designer 1.10.

I don't see any realistic possibility that StudioLink in Publisher 1.10 would work with Photo and Designer V2.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

41 minutes ago, CM0 said:

I'm really hoping for greater integration.  I use Publisher for almost everything simply because of the better integration.

What would be ideal is being able to create a custom perspective with all the tools you want from any of the 3 programs.

image.png.741cab8fc053a28c88a75cb35fa3a11c.png

You can see this in the video, hinting on studiolink in all 3 apps. Besides, the video itself also hints on studiolink. It is I understand the dream of Serif to get this done, since the start of Affinity. In my opinion this alone is worth upgrading to 2.0. The old plus series show a lot where we also can hope for.

23 minutes ago, Crispe said:

Agreed. I don't need any new programs just improvements on what they've already got.

Absolutely, the current programs need still need all the attention.  I want Affinity to build on the unique capabilities that set it apart from the beginning and make the current tools both revolutionary and first class.

If Affinity were to get into video editing, it would be playing catchup for years when there are already excellent free tools available in that space.  It would require enormous investments.  I would rather see those investments going to making the existing apps the best in the industry.

guys do you know if you could link my affinity account with a new email? in this case outlookt is that I would like to buy the v2 in the windows store but in my serif account I have linked is a gmail account with the brushes I have bought and the gifts that I have done the serif and I am unsure if I would lose them buying the new license with a new email T_T

8 minutes ago, CM0 said:

Absolutely, the current programs need still need all the attention.  I want Affinity to build on the unique capabilities that set it apart from the beginning and make the current tools both revolutionary and first class.

If Affinity were to get into video editing, it would be playing catchup for years when there are already excellent free tools available in that space.  It would require enormous investments.  I would rather see those investments going to making the existing apps the best in the industry.

Improving the current suite is more than enough to make me happy, but the whole "One more thing" at the end suggest something else, right?  

I agree that video editing seems like to big of a chunk right now, but som sort of DAM (like an Aperture replacement that a lot of us are longing for) wouldn't be that far off from what they already are invested in with Photo, so maybe they could do that without stretching themselves too thin. 

24 minutes ago, Luis Simon said:

guys do you know if you could link my affinity account with a new email? in this case outlookt is that I would like to buy the v2 in the windows store but in my serif account I have linked is a gmail account with the brushes I have bought and the gifts that I have done the serif and I am unsure if I would lose them buying the new license with a new email T_T

You can change the email associated with your Affinity Store account yourself. Just go to https://affinity.store/account and after you sign in you can click on Account Details and email is one of the fields.

However, I don't think that would be required. You can already, in V1, buy some of the applications or content (brushes, etc.) in the Affinity Store and other applications in the Microsoft Store, and that doesn't cause any problems. I would guess the same will be true for V2.

In any case, asking about that kind of thing here may not be the best way to get an answer. I would suggest a separate question, in your own topic. But I would wait until November 9 when more information should be available. At that point, you may have your answer in the marketing materials that Serif will be providing.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

9 minutes ago, PaoloT said:

Aren't they integrated enough? You can even open one of the apps inside another of the apps. And the file format is the same for all of them.

Paolo

No they are not.  They have great integration that with just a few small changes would be awesome integration.

I can't create a view where I have all the tools I use in one place.  I still have to flip back and forth through the apps.  For example, I want to have some of the live photo filters in designer.  If you go to photo, you can create the filter and then use it in designer.  Why should I even need to go to photo.  I should be able to just add those tools to my custom toolbar.  Also, some of the photo personas are still not available in publisher.  The macros only work in photo, but should be able to create macros across all apps etc.

3 hours ago, Dangerous said:

Affinity is already classed as a suite but only sold as 3 individual programs. While what you say can't be ruled out there is a big market for just AP (photographers) and just AD (budding designers) and a big market for all 3. Serif offers are already good value & I can't see them giving further discounts if you buy all 3 in a 'half price sale'

Perhaps. But do remember that prior to Creative Suite, Adobe bundled Photoshop, Illustrator, PageMaker and Acrobat in one box set - not quite a suite yet as they were still separate progs. When InDesign Came on the scene, they offered that instead of PageMaker as an option. The PageMaker bundle was aimed at business and the InDesign bundle was aimed at graphic designers. Whilst you could still purchase each prog separately, Adobe offered generous discounts on purchasing them all together. The same happened with MS where you could at one time purchase Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc separately. But it made more sense to purchase them as Office if you needed two or more progs.

Now, Serif is not Adobe or MS. However, any incentive to get people to purchase all three major progs at once could be in Serifs favour. The very competitive price point right now, however, may make it less worthwhile. UNLESS Serif raises prices of the individual titles and makes a sweet/bundle come in at a price where you'd be stupid not to buy Designer, Photo and Publisher that way.

13 hours ago, wuren said:

"One more thing" — my personal immediate assumption was a video editing solution.

I think that's the last possible thing it will be. That market is completely saturated including the free version of Blackmagic Design's DaVinci Resolve. The package that nobody has yet to dethrone from the top of its niche is Adobe After Effects, and lots of people would LOVE to get a good replacement for that, but it feels kind of out of scope for Affinity and also a much smaller niche than the current suite. 3D is pretty much out too because nobody in their right mind wants to get into that market at this point.

What else is left?

10 hours ago, Luis Simon said:

I would like to buy the v2 in the windows store

I'm just wondering what the reason can be for not paying for the product directly to the developers who develop and maintain the app (and therefore deserve to be rewarded for a job well done), but rather give the money to someone who is not involved in the development and maintenance at all, only benefiting from its dominant position and does it mediate sales?

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.