You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

That ain't us, indeed that ain't very much of anything 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

I know that this thread is supposed to be fun and its posts in that spirit. Still, at what point does teasing become sadism? 😁Every time y'all post, I get an e-mail notification. I check thinking that it's maybe some legit news and then.... BOOM! Elephant. This thread has become less about conveying important information and more about seeing who's the nuttiest. And then we have Patrick.... You're a bit of an agent of chaos aren't you? 🤪

I'm off to put on some relaxing music to meditate to. Lower that blood pressure. You guys...

16 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

Something big is coming

The high expectations on 2.0 made Adobe panic, so they bought Serif. This is big! 😂

Sorry for ruining the surprise. 🙄

----------
Windows 10 / 11, Complete Suite Retail and Beta

• Staff
18 minutes ago, BAKAI said:

Ok it's 9 November

Something Big is Coming https://affinity.serif.com/

18 minutes ago, BAKAI said:

Now what about the upgrade offer. 😁

spoilers

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
5 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

@Patrick ConnorI am very excited about Affinity 2.0, will it be available for purchase in the Microsoft Store? Will there be an upgrade discount for customers like me who have already purchased Affinity Designer, Photo and Publisher?

Marketing teams will handle all the questions soon, but I do not think anyone will be disappointed with the 2.0 launch (well almost nobody ;) )

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

7 hours ago, chrisb123 said:

Yes v2, it will be my first ever version update for Affinity

Do not forget the fact that for version 2 it will not be a free "update", but a paid "upgrade".

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

8 minutes ago, chrisb123 said:

Even people who bought the entire set a few months ago?

It's always a problem with any special offer or sale. There are always going to be people who just bought something, then discover than it would have been cheaper if they had waited a few days. Likewise there are others who just miss the offer, then ask if they can have it anyway!

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

31 minutes ago, PaulEC said:

It's always a problem with any special offer or sale. There are always going to be people who just bought something, then discover than it would have been cheaper if they had waited a few days. Likewise there are others who just miss the offer, then ask if they can have it anyway!

I can't fault Serif for how they handle pricing policy and how helpful they can be in situations like this. Although I don't need the upgrade to ver. 2 as ver. 1 is more than enough for me I will be getting AP & AD on day one. Still deciding on APub as I don't have a real use for the ver 1 I have.

• Staff
Just now, Stepaan said:

Video editing software is on the go. Look at the transition in the video, when he says "something we know you've been waiting for..."

Yeah, lots of people on the socials saying this too.... It's not that.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• Staff
1 minute ago, Mango said:

Anyone else just got the Affinity email?

yup

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd