You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

One year after trialling Photo and Designer and deciding I wasn't quite ready to migrate from Photoshop and Illustrator I finally have time to make an effort to migrate to the Serif products.  The possibility of a looming 2.0 release is now stopping me though.  Gotta wonder how many others are hesitating over those Buy buttons.

That is probably one of the main reasons, why there is not more information about the update. I guess the release date is around black Friday. The Affinity people are very customer focused, so undoubtly they have spent countless hours to discuss how to approach customers who bought 1.x close to the release date of 2.0. If there is another reason to wait, possibly a last minute bug, so then it is very good to wait. 

14 hours ago, ljredux said:

I guess I'll check-in every couple of weeks to see if there's any news.  I'm not buying V1 now if V2 is imminent and I have to buy it all over again to stay current.

Thanks for the replies. 🙂

It may well be that if you purchase Affinity 1.XXX after a certain date, you get Affinity 2.0 free. I should imagine Affinity 2.0 will be generously discounted for users of 1.XXX anyway. And there may well be an introductory 2.0 price to boot.

9 hours ago, ljredux said:

One year after trialling Photo and Designer and deciding I wasn't quite ready to migrate from Photoshop and Illustrator I finally have time to make an effort to migrate to the Serif products.  The possibility of a looming 2.0 release is now stopping me though.  Gotta wonder how many others are hesitating over those Buy buttons.

Are you hesitating because of money?

Are you on Adobe subscription for two apps or more?

There are trial versions from Affinity. 

Advertising designer - Austria —  Photo - Publisher - Designer — CS6 d&wP — Mac Pro 5,1 (4,1 2009) 48GB 2x X5690 - RX580 - 970EVO - OS X 10.14.6 - NEC2690wuxi2 - CD20"—  iPad Pro 12.9" gen1 128 GB - Pencil

23 hours ago, ljredux said:

I'm exactly the same. Holding out for 2.0

I am surprised about the kind of speculation here. First someone expected 26 October, now I read another person expect 25 November (Black Friday). Maybe some people should invest in a crystal ball.

I used my crystal ball which tells me the release of v2.0 will be on 31 November! I am very sure about this date because my crystal ball is never wrong.

The reality is that we all have to wait until v2.0 is released.

• Staff
33 minutes ago, Bad_Wolf said:

The reality is that we all have to wait until v2.0 is released.

Something big is coming

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

4 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

Something big is coming

This has my interest  lol!

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

22 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

Something big is coming

is = IS = 15?th of November/December... Just thinking why you wrote this one in italic. At least a beta or a sneak peak would be highly appreciated to see the direction Affinity is taken ;-) so I´m still waiting and wishing...

22 minutes ago, BAKAI said:

I am sure that your "Crystal Ball" also mentioned that you will also get an special upgrade offer of 99% Discount on 31st Nov. 😁

My crystal ball said the discount would be 105%; & that the new license would also be good for upcoming versions for smart phones, PlayStations, Game Boys, & several other currently unsupported devices. 😉

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

3 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

Something big is coming

Maybe this?

IMG_5356.JPG.e7dcb4002daa44a957efecb6c8dea063.JPG

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

• Staff

Nope that's not in the room 😂

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon