You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

15 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

We are not commenting on specific features, but suffice to say this is one of those right up there in terms of features we wish to add over those in V1

Can you describe some major new features or tools in ad designer v2 ,

3 hours ago, 913 said:

It means that Make the affinity designer export files , such as EPS(main file ) capable of holding groups , layers , text    , and Specific color profile ( cmyk , rgb )

The EPS file format does not support any of the features you mentioned. If you were thinking of Illustrator EPS files, those are actually AI files with an EPS file extension. That's what you download from the stock image websites.

6 hours ago, tudor said:

If you were thinking of Illustrator EPS files, those are actually AI files with an EPS file extension

Whenever I questioned About EPS  , Everywhere I received this answer , 

But as you know and I know if this EPS is not resolved in future then affinity designer will never become a industry standard software . 

With the power of Coding , I think this can be done ,. But needs research , hardworking and cleverness .

Wouldn't you know it! –  As soon as someone from Serif says, "We are not commenting on specific features", people start asking Serif to comment on specific features! 😁

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

7 hours ago, 913 said:

With the power of Coding , I think this can be done ,. But needs research , hardworking and cleverness .

Or some sites allowing for AFDESIGN files as well as other formats...

Best regards!

Just now, N.P.M. said:

Even some printingshops here in NL are pointing out to affinity as an alternative, now those big resource sites should be convinced to take af~files into consideration.
So praise it to the creative flock and spread the word of the Affinity.

As a quick example, DesignCuts has a dedicated section for the Affinity-related Products (most of them are brushes that lso work woith Procreate and Photoshop).

So, it's not a one-sided task.

Best regards!

Oh, look, Creative Market also allows for multiple files, like this person:

Files Included: Docx,Doc,IDML,INDD,INDT,PSD,EPS,AI,PDF,PPT,PPTX,afpub,afphoto,afdesign,Google Slides,Google Docs,

Best regards!

5 minutes ago, N.P.M. said:

I know there are af~files on several of those markets.
I just meant to say that it should be as common as eps/ai/psd/pdf

I wanted to share these examples for those who might have not seen them. :) 

And I think it's a matter time to see this as a common thing.

Best reagrds!

24 minutes ago, N.P.M. said:

I know there are af~files on several of those markets.
I just meant to say that it should be as common as eps/ai/psd/pdf

What impacts adoption rate most is obviously the size of user base (so potential market), but also the ready availability of tutorials, USEFUL tools and obviously quality digital assets being available free and/or paid. So make more of those things...

5 hours ago, Mithferion said:

Oh, look, Creative Market also allows for multiple files, like this person:

Files Included: Docx,Doc,IDML,INDD,INDT,PSD,EPS,AI,PDF,PPT,PPTX,afpub,afphoto,afdesign,

I know this !

When I submit my logo design , but my design was rejected , when I ask reason  , they said only .afdesign  is not accepted , you need to provide EPS file with afdesign files .

That is what I want to say , EPS is main files today in the industry of graphic designing , so we should work on it ,

2 minutes ago, 913 said:

Is any affinity moderator here to let us know about the major new updates of designer v2 , or affinity is still working on 1. Series🥲

Serif is not yet disclosing the contents of V2, though they have hinted that it's coming. When it's ready to be announced they will tell us what it contains.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

3 minutes ago, 913 said:

Is any affinity moderator here to let us know about the major new updates of designer v2 , or affinity is still working on 1. Series🥲

See Patrick Connor's comment earlier in this thread!

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

On 9/21/2022 at 8:15 PM, 913 said:

I know this !

When I submit my logo design , but my design was rejected , when I ask reason  , they said only .afdesign  is not accepted , you need to provide EPS file with afdesign files .

That is what I want to say , EPS is main files today in the industry of graphic designing , so we should work on it ,

Did they tell why was your EPS file being rejected? If your Logos are good old vectors with flat colors, something that you could try is the following:

• Export your file as a PDF
  • Change the file extension to EPS

Illustrator might struggle a bit but it will open the file (with editable text included, if you offer your design as a Logo template, for example).

image.png.f7e64c39f34d3faae62bded1e6eb48e0.png

image.png.5f7282a479e710ba15cb36ef3ec55e6b.png

It might do the trick for you so that they accept your work.

Best regards!

13 minutes ago, Mithferion said:

Did they tell why was your EPS file being rejected? If your Logos are good old vectors with flat colors, something that you could try is the following:

• Export your file as a PDF
  • Change the file extension to EPS

Illustrator might struggle a bit but it will open the file (with editable text included, if you offer your design as a Logo template, for example).

image.png.f7e64c39f34d3faae62bded1e6eb48e0.png

image.png.5f7282a479e710ba15cb36ef3ec55e6b.png

It might do the trick for you so that they accept your work.

Best regards!

That's a good trick , let me check it , 

I think this also works for Ai file.

Also, for those who are interested in using a Shape Builder Tool, today I've found this free web App which includes it.

The App is not that intuitive and the Shape Builder Tool has its own way of working, but it might be useful for some.

image.png.d02ca48cdc53d56874d593c4af6f025b.png

image.png.0874d2256b26429bf446a2fb42f071ea.png

Here is the YouTube channel to see some tutorials.

Best regards!

14 minutes ago, Mithferion said:

I've found this free web App which includes it.

It also has some image tracing functionality, which people seem to love (it's a one click thing).

Best regards!

14 minutes ago, 913 said:

Is this able to open and export svg , 

It does, but I prefer to create the shapes there and then export it to SVG.

Best regards!

9 hours ago, Bad_Wolf said:

Having a shape builder tool, together with a Knife tool and a tracing feature for v2, will be a dream. But I am afraid I'm asking too much.

With distortion features , such text in a shape , and reflect tool, blend tool , 

And 

Last powerful EPS export .