You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Road shape line with Pen tool no brush

39 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

I don't think that this limitation was designed. It just is the way it is, perhaps an oversight, perhaps there is some fundamental programming difficulty that needs to be cracked.

As far I see this is the only spot within the apps which has the possibility of common styling of more than 1 object at a time disabled. Since a single stroke/fill combination and also a complex object style can get assigned to many objects simultaneously without obvious delay or issues I can't imagine there are difficulties which need to be cracked. What could possibly go wrong if I change parameters of 2 objects which could not happen with 1 object?

Yes, maybe it is an oversight.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

10 minutes ago, Bad_Wolf said:

Thanks so much to everybody who replied, you all solved my maze problem. Your solution is exactly what I need and I would never have found that myself.

I do appreciate your help so much.

Chris

Thanks for the feedback and glad your problem is solved.

5 hours ago, thomaso said:

As far I see this is the only spot within the apps which has the possibility of common styling of more than 1 object at a time disabled.

It isn't completely disabled because it is possible to select several curves & in the Appearance panel change all their fill or stroke colors or stroke widths or other properties to the same values. But there is no way to add a new stroke or fill to all of them at once.

So hopefully just an oversight that could be fixed fairly easily.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

1 hour ago, R C-R said:

it is possible to select several curves & in the Appearance panel change all their fill or stroke colors or stroke widths or other properties to the same values.

Even this "same" is not possible, respectively limited. As shown in my screenshot all selected objects have the same values for their 3 strokes already, but if selected together then the Appearance panel doesn't recognize their common, same properties but shows a reduced default instead, which, ironically, can have different values than the default which gets displayed/used if no object is selected. 😇

@Serif, do we need a bug report to get such a possible oversight logged / commented as 'by design'?

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

5 hours ago, thomaso said:

As shown in my screenshot all selected objects have the same values for their 3 strokes already, but if selected together then the Appearance panel doesn't recognize their common, same properties but shows a reduced default instead, which, ironically, can have different values than the default which gets displayed/used if no object is selected.

I am not disputing that. It is just that the values can all be changed to the same new values, so the feature is not completely disabled, just severely crippled/buggy.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7