You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo no brushes available

• Staff

Hi @Poti

Is this is Affinity Photo or Designer?

Could you send a screenshot of the brushes panel displaying the issue.

Is this affecting all brush packs or are there just a select few brush packs missing? 

Sorry for my late answer. I was on vacation.
It is Affinity Photo. No brushes are displayed at all.
When I import my purchased ones, they are displayed.
But the brushes included by Affinity Photo are still missing.

AffinityPhoto_no_brushes.jpg

• Staff

Hi @Poti

Could you go to Edit > Preferences >Miscellaneous > Reset Brushes.

This will clear any user created brushes and add-ons will need to be reimported. The link below will advise you where brushes are stored so they can be backed up.   

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/98906-what-exactly-do-the-clear-user-data-options-clear/&tab=comments#comment-529435

Could you try going through the below steps to revert the application to it's default settings which may resolve your issue: 

1. Press Win + R and enter %APPDATA% and navigate to the 'Affinity' Folder. 

2. Right click the Designer/Photo/Publisher folder and compress the folder to ZIP to create a backup. 

3. On the application shortcut, click once onto the shortcut, hold down control and right click > open the application whilst still holding down control. 

4. This will prompt a new menu 'Clear User Data' with three boxes ticked, press 'Select All' then 'Clear' at the bottom right hand corner. 

5. Load the application back up to confirm if this has resolved the issue. 

Please see the link previous to see what is cleared and where assets are stored so they can be backed up.   

• Staff

Hi @Poti
Could you try going to  C:\Program Files\Affinity\Photo\Resources\Affinity Photo, then right click and select properties on both the Raster_Brushes and Tool_Settings propcol files and unticking read only and ticking the 'unblock' box.
Next press Windows & R and copy %APPDATA%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\user into the Open box. If you then go into the Properties for Raster Brushes & Tool Settings and again untick read only and tick the 'unblock' box.

Hi EmT,
I suspect this is where the error is.
The files are not present in the folder.
I have looked at the corresponding folder of Affinity Designer. There the files are in the folder.
Can I copy them to the Affinity folder or are they not compatible?

AffinityPhoto_MissingFiles.jpg