You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Blurry (nested) linked Affinity Designer documents

Hello,

I have an issue with linked Affinity Designer documents from an Affinity Publisher document when the linked document contains another linked document.

Publisher Document contains linked Artboard from an Designer document A. Designer document A contains linked Artboard form Designer document B.

In Publisher: The contents of Designer document A is OK (sharp). The contents of Designer document B is NOT OK (blurred).

In Designer: The Designer document B is OK (sharp).

The files exist and have not moved. Their scale is always 100%, DPI is the same in all the documents.

Example in the attachment.

Screenshot 2022-08-14 at 19.05.25.png

Just a side-question out of interest as I keep wondering @DWright; the logo in your avatar looks familiar; are you perhaps a drum'n'bass head (knowing you're from the UK might make that plausible)? (Isn't that a DNB-label? Or is that only my interpretation after years of being a DNB dj?!)

5 hours ago, MmmMaarten said:

Just a side-question out of interest

tip.gif Most of the moderators seem to allow private messaging, so you can usually use that route to ask off-topic questions.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hello,

sorry it took me a bit but I have uploaded the sample files. I have stripped most of the irrelevant content so it shows only the issue.

I case it looks different on you machine I have provided a screenshot that shows it on my machine.

The issue does not always show up. It seems affinity is showing low resolution preview instead of the original linked file and sometimes decides to load high quality original content and sometimes not. I have not figured out what exactly triggers the behavior. However it may happen that some linked documents are OK and some are not.

The low resolution blurred content also persists if I try printing the document.

Hope that helps.

• 4 weeks later...