You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can I automatically "apply master" on multiple pages, without manually selecting them?

Hey there! 
I've tried to search for this, but maybe I'm not using the right keywords. Not sure affinity publisher even does this, but I hope it does.. 

I'm making a planner for 12 months, there are 3 pages at the end of each month, and this "set" of pages is the same in every month. So I have this "set" of pages that I need to repeat 12 times, right? Each of these pages already has a master applied, because the client can choose the content of each page of this "set". But now, I have to multiple click on each page throughout the year to change their master. 

Is there a way that by changing the master on page 1 of this "set" on january, it automatically changes all pages 1 of the year, so the page 1 on february is the same, and in march, and so on  ? 

Going over a 250 page file selecting multiple pages to apply a master it's very demanding and prone to error. 

Not sure I made myself clear on this, feel free to ask me anything.

I appreciate any help, thanks! ❤️

I don't really understand the situation of what is applied and what should change: if january should look like february why does february got a different master assigned before? However, I wonder if masters based on masters would help?

For instance: If you create Master pages 1 – 12 plus Master pages A – L (with layout or content variants) then you can assign e.g. master B to master 3 and thus make B occur on all document pages which already have master 3 applied.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

" I don't really understand the situation of what is applied and what should change: if january should look like february why does february got a different master assigned before? "   Is a custom planner, each customer can choose the content of the planner pages. So I have a file that I have to edit everytime with the customer's choices of pages. 

I wonder if masters based on masters would help? "
OMG I had no idea I could apply a master on a master! This might be a game changing for me.. it might make my planners much easier to create!  I'll test it and see if it works, thank you so much! 

It worked!! Thank you so much @thomaso 

I've created master pages for each page that goes at the end of each month, and now I only have to apply master on those when I need to change the file for the customer!

This masters based on masters thing is perfect! Thank you so much for teaching me!

Loving affinity more and more ❤️ 

// admins can close this topic now, it's happily solved 

17 hours ago, lusb23 said:

...I had no idea I could apply a master on a master! This might be a game changing for me. ...

I had the opposite reaction to this. "When would I ever use that?"

I use it all the time now, so simple to make changes to one thing (location of the Page Number) on 3 or 4 or a dozen Master/Parent pages by making the change Once on one page. The trick is to continually think about what is on the pages and ask "Could these things be on a separate page?", "Would it make my designing/editing job easier?"

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.