You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo v1.10.5.1342 - Is it possible to record a macro while in the Develop workspace (Persona)

With 4 days remaining in my trial, I'm still trying to discover if there is any way that Affinity Photo (AP) can automate (like Adobe Camera Raw) opening a raw file; e.g. ,cr2 or .dng, and then simply record a task; e.g., Lens, remove chromatic aberration and do nothing else with the lens settings; then save the file as a 16-bit .tif in a named location. The first problem appears that you're unable to begin recording any macro while in the Develop workspace, or "Persona" - I'm still trying to understand the general use of this word persona in the context of AP insofar as persona in AP has absolutely nothing to do with a human being. Semantic distractions aside, is it possible to record a macro while in the Develop workspace?, and if not, is there anything like Adobe Camera Raw's features easily implemented in AP?

Persona is a poor choice, I would have gone with Studio, but that is taken for... another one of Affinity's poor choices for a name.

Regardless

No, there is no macro or scripting available for the Develop Persona. The most we can do is save a Preset for (most of) the various tabs' settings and name it (I use the raw file's name) then we can call that up again. Frequently Tedious is  Affinity's middle name.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

OK, thanks Bruce. It's good to know I wasn't overlooking macro availability in the personage of Develop.

Macro recording was also found to be impotent/ unavailable with no document already open Affinity Photo. One of the requisites in Photoshop when batch processing from Bridge using Actions (macros) includes recording bookends; Open and Close document. Whatever wholesale operations are to be performed in the selection made from Bridge must include those 2 calls in the Photoshop Action. It's quite possible that I have I overlooked that facility in the multiple personalities in Affinity Photo as I'm only one week into testing.

non sequitur - To whomever drew your portrait/ avatar, please tell them they did a great job! :)