You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Importing crayon brushes into Photo

I'm trying to get to see the four copies of Crayon Brushes that I've imported into Photo, but the arcane search responses I get don't allow me the slightest bit of inspiration.

How do I delete three copies of these so far invisible brushes and keep only one?

If you want to delete a set of brushes you can do so from the "hamburger" menu at the top right of the brushes panel.

I don't know what you mean about being "invisible", but if they are vector brushes (although you can import them) they will not show up in the APhoto brushes. 

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

The Crayon Box brush set from Frankentoon Studio is described as being compatible with both Designer and Photo, but since it comprises 20 raster brushes and 16 vector brushes they won’t all be available for use in Affinity Photo.

I don’t know of a way to delete imported vector brushes from within Photo. I think the only way is to find the relevant *.propcol file (via Finder on Mac or Explorer on Windows) and delete it manually.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

They're the Frankentoon brushes. They import fine in Designer. I can't get any of the Frankentoon Crayon brushes to show up in Photo.

I deleted vector_brushes.propcol, but of course I have no idea if that took away the 4 or not, since the Crayon Brushes don't show.

Thanks for your help.

When I re-import them into Photo, it says it takes all 40 brushes, but none show.

And to add insult to injury, Frankentoon has changed their web presence, so I might as well forget about that. If it's not one thing in the stupidity of vendors, it's another. Bye bye Frankentoon.

4 hours ago, Twolane said:

When I re-import them into Photo, it says it takes all 40 brushes, but none show.

What is the exact message?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

4 hours ago, Twolane said:

And to add insult to injury, Frankentoon has changed their web presence, so I might as well forget about that.

I'm sure there's still a way to contact them via their new site, and they'll answer questions.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

3 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

What is the exact message?

Brushes imported successfully. Imported 40 vector brushes into category "Crayon Brushes".

Obvi they don't show because they're all Vector.

Frankentoon has come up with some new website sign-up the old site needed an update nonsense for a wonderful marvelous experience that I don't want. Or need. Thus I can't be bothered. So there's that. I'm not wasting any more of my time with it. I've moved on.

On 8/13/2022 at 11:46 AM, Alfred said:

The Crayon Box brush set from Frankentoon Studio is described as being compatible with both Designer and Photo, but since it comprises 20 raster brushes and 16 vector brushes they won’t all be available for use in Affinity Photo.

According to the web page, the full set includes 20 Raster brushes, 16 Vector Brushes, 5 Paper Textures, 80 Color Swatches, & a Quickstart Guide. Also on the same page is a Contact Us button that opens a window with contact info, including a email address that can be used without having to sign in or provide any personal info.

Anyway, the 20 Raster brushes should import fine into AP & appear in the Brushes panel, & of course both the vector & raster ones should import into AD, & appear in their respective personas. Regardless, there should never be a message that says  "Imported 40 vector brushes into category "Crayon Brushes", so I wonder how the OP saw that.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7