You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Putting text with no white on the text

Hi,

I need to put a text in white with no background and leave the image intact. How do I do this please help. I saw this topic was addressed in 2021 however I have followed what others has done but I cannot seem to work it out. thanks in advance.

image.thumb.png.7afecf7f221458defdd10620ec40805f.png

Unless I’m missing some important information, you can:

• Set the Fill Colour for the text (via the Character Panel, or Colour Panel) to White
  • Set the Fill Colour for the Text Frame (via the Text Frame Panel) to None.

And that should do it.
If that doesn’t do what you want then we may need more details.

9 minutes ago, Janekoke said:

I do not want the white on the text and I have put none as you can see on the right side but nothing happened

Your screenshot shows the Character panel, which was post of Garry's suggestion. But even there you've used a black fill for the text itself, not white as you said you wanted.

But what about his suggestion using the Text Frame panel? That's what would remove the white around the text. And you haven't included that in the screenshot.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

@Janekoke, as @GarryP and @walt.farrell are referencing, it's the Text Frame (View > Studio > Text Frame) where you need to remove the white background fill and then you can use the Colour panel to change the text itself to white...

720483379_TextFrame.thumb.jpg.51f38654000d9aca13824f204e79c6e6.jpg

Affinity Designer 2.4.1.2344 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1.2344 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1.2344
Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.6.8, Magic Mouse

Hi Thank you for your response, I did try Garry's suggestion but never worked. I managed to get what I wanted eventually. What I did was to click the blue thing with the red cross on the top bar and it fixed my problem. As you can see it is all good now on the front page.image.thumb.png.aa83353c85af6b6572c2fe8455621d51.png 

I’m curious about this for two reasons:
1. Why did my instructions not work?
2. Why would “click the blue thing with the red cross on the top bar” (whatever that is) work?

Unless the problem was not what I thought it was then the instructions I gave should have worked, unless I didn’t explain them well enough.

Also, if the “blue thing with the red cross” is the Revert Defaults button then that should have made the text fill black (unless the default fill has been changed to white).

Janekoke: Tip – If you hover the mouse pointer over a button for a few seconds you will get a pop-up ‘tool tip’ which tells you the name of the button. You can then use this name when you tell people what you clicked on, rather than trying to describe it.