You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Colored text box in Designer

Are we ever going to get the ability to assign a color to a text box that colors the text box and not the space in-between the letters? Also the ability to stroke the test box. I'm really getting frustrated with the lack of development of Affinity apps . . . Make some desperately needed changes and double the prices . . .

k

49 minutes ago, kanihoncho said:

Are we ever going to get the ability to assign a color to a text box that colors the text box and not the space in-between the letters?

Can you explain this further? Or maybe show an example? I'm not sure I understand.

As for text frames at all in Designer, maybe you've heard of the Type on a Path loophole to get the Text Frame Panel to show up in the context toolbar? In short, with Type on a Path active, you will see this little guy 775804547_ScreenShot2022-08-12at11_40_36AM.png.e45446f3b8c7fd9ddf6824e601467c89.png in the context toolbar. Click it to get the Text Frame Panel with Fill and Stroke options. I even saved a Studio Preset so if I closed the frame on accident, I could get it back super quick.

In most other apps standard behavior is to:

1. Color the text, stroke the text

2. Color the entire text box background

3. Assign a stroke to the text box

This way I don't have to create a second box, put it behind the text box in the exact position, and then group them to keep them together.

1 minute ago, kanihoncho said:

This way I don't have to create a second box, put it behind the text box in the exact position, and then group them to keep them together.

Got it. You want the Text Frame Panel that is only available in Publisher. But if you use the tip I mentioned above, you can get it in Designer as well.