You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bug with copy of hyperlinks

• Staff

Hi @Macromancer welcome to the forums,

I've not been able to replicate this yet, after copying/pasting the text in a different location it creates the second hyperlink and does not create any further entries after I rename the duplicate within the Hyperlinks studio panel.

It's likely your workflow is different to mine, could you provide a screen recording demonstrating this along with a sample file?

Many Thanks

After I copied the text frame with the hyperlink, I have two identical entries. I changed the hyperlink in the second entry, and the referenced text accordingly. Then I klink on the entry to change the name (in this case I just wrote 'elixir'). If I hit /enter, it creates two new entries with the correct name, which are not connected to anything and the entry I intended to change remains unchanged.

hyperlink_bug1.JPG.8d7658b6cf6aa7562715e7478ac5492d.JPGhyperlink_bug2.png.4ca20aa437b844b6fcf220ea7c596f20.png

Edited by Macromancer

• Staff
27 minutes ago, Macromancer said:

After I copied the text frame with the hyperlink, I have two identical entries. I changed the hyperlink in the second entry, and the referenced text accordingly. Then I klink on the entry to change the name (in this case I just wrote 'elixir'). If I hit /enter, it creates two new entries with the correct name, which are not connected to anything and the entry I intended to change remains unchanged.

Thanks for the info, myself and another member of the tech team have tried to replicate following this but this works as expected without any additional entries within the hyperlinks panel being generated, the only differential I noticed was that when I copied/pasted the actual text the hyperlink panel immediately updated with the new link, however when I copied the text frame it only added the hyperlink to the panel once I edited the text or the hyperlink.

It would be beneficial if you could try this on a new blank document as well and provide a screen recording in case we're missing something key here, I've linked an FAQ post below which details how you can provide a screen recording if you're unsure. 🙂