You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer is randomly not saving.

While designing a friend’s bands gig flyers, after he suggested a couple of tweaks, I took care of them and after exporting the image as png to Save Image to Photos. I then clicked on the Home arrow to save it. He then asked for my repeating an effect he liked in another piece of text. When I reopened the flyer, the image had reverted to what it was before I did the tweaks. This was definitely something new! Thankful I had exported the image to use as a guide to redo what I had done plus the additional fx Layer from his request. Once again, repeated the previous steps finalizing closing the image to Home. After he received approval from the club, my next step was using most of the elements from the flyer into a Facebook Cover Photo. Upon reopening it, once again it had reverted into what it was before the tweaks! WTF!!?😤 This has never happened before. Everything is current; iOS, Designer, iPod pro 12.9 

Spoiler
Spoiler

1178087A-7904-4CAD-8DE5-471F9D1544D1.png

0860AD29-A6EB-4CE2-BEB5-CF77A490D316.jpeg

EEADE94B-DB22-4A36-99E0-09631B55B033.jpeg

“The curses are not what they seem, prepare... they, too, have teeth.”

Related.

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Thank you carl123… I thought I had read through enough of the titles to see if this issue had been brought up before. I figure my eyes went into autopilot and just didn’t see this. It appears there’s been nothing updated or as of yet, fixed. 
Oddly enough the issue no longer seems to be haunting me as it was yesterday. I rebooted the iPad and saved everything to cloud so maybe this fixed it? I’ll keep this open for now, just to see if it resurfaces.

“The curses are not what they seem, prepare... they, too, have teeth.”

• 1 month later...
On 8/12/2022 at 7:52 PM, MichaelJA said:

Thank you carl123… I thought I had read through enough of the titles to see if this issue had been brought up before. I figure my eyes went into autopilot and just didn’t see this. It appears there’s been nothing updated or as of yet, fixed. 
Oddly enough the issue no longer seems to be haunting me as it was yesterday. I rebooted the iPad and saved everything to cloud so maybe this fixed it? I’ll keep this open for now, just to see if it resurfaces.

The export bug was in certain versions of iPadOS 15, if you have just updated then that may have fixed it, as does the current iPadOS 16.1 beta which also fixes the problem. Serif could not fix it as it was caused by a virtual memory bug in the operating system.

My dad always told me, a bad workman always blames their tools….

Just waiting for Ronny Pickering…..

Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on macOS Sonoma 14 on M1 Mac Mini 16GB 1TB
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on Windows 10 Pro. Deceased
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 2.4 on M1 iPad Pro 11” on iPadOS 17.4 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityForiPad

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

The hardest link to find https://affinity.help

• 1 month later...