You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Shortcut Additions

Quick suggestion (I've checked all Key Command menus on two occasions far apart from each other, not finding a way...but could be wrong):

It would be quite lovely if I could add key commands to some of the right-click options in the "pages" tab, particularly "Start New Section" and "Apply Master." Even moreso if one of those could be by clicking the mouse wheel, which I just discovered today applies (copies to new current clip) my color grades in DaVinci Resolve and cannot think of a better use for that overlooked button!

Thank you

Oh, side request (same topic): tighten and loosen by 1% shortcut ability. 10% is useful, but, as I format books line by line, I far more often find myself adjusting just a few percent at a time. I'd be perfectly happy with the same shortcut and the ability to change the value of "tighten" and "loosen." At least I can scroll the mouse wheel over the values 1% at a time and still save a decent amount of time!

On 8/11/2022 at 10:51 PM, natecombsmedia said:

At least I can scroll the mouse wheel over the values 1%

Although I did not understand your post exactly - but try scrolling with the wheel with the Ctrl and Shift keys. It does step 0.1 and 10 on the edit box.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

On 8/15/2022 at 6:15 AM, Pšenda said:

Although I did not understand your post exactly - but try scrolling with the wheel with the Ctrl and Shift keys. It does step 0.1 and 10 on the edit box.

Thank you. I don't need 0.1 or anything smaller than 1%, and you understood exactly what I was saying. I use the mouse currently to scroll values 1%. However, there is a keyboard shortcut that allows you to use alt/option and the arrow keys to move 10%. This is the "smaller" option, and I would never need anything bigger, so I was asking for a way to make the "tighten" keyboard shortcut 1% instead of 10% and maybe have the "tighten more" one be 10%.

Right now, I am highlighting, moving the mouse, and scrolling the wheel for every line I adjust (which, to make the rag appear nicely and eliminate excess hyphens, etc, is still hundreds per book after setting the overall starting value for a paragraph). And I sometimes miss the box, since it isn't that big and nothing happens, so I have to do it twice. I would be faster if I could use alt/option + left/right to change a couple percent. Just a small idea to help with efficiency.

Perhaps another cool idea would be a little menu appearing right above/below highlighted text if you hold ctrl/cmd or something, and then you're not moving the mouse so far back and forth and can get through a lot of lines quickly!