You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity iPad issues

I guess I purchased the App directly from Serif, was a discounted offer, it doesn’t appears in my Apple Store Records.

In my Serif account appears my iPad as registered App (see screenshot).

Before cancelling my App I had a look up in Apple Store and My App. Affinity was identified with ‘open’, now as an App to buy again.

Besides my app was full of edited pics.

What to do?

1B229268-30EA-4355-AB79-BDAB1B4D83F9.jpeg

The iPad app is only available via the Apple Store so that’s where you must have purchased it from.
Registering an application with Serif is not the same as purchasing the software; you can purchase from Apple but also register with Serif.
As NathanC asked above, did you purchase the app via the same Apple ID as you are currently using?

• Staff
52 minutes ago, Jarulex said:

but I lost all my files. Any idea if I can recover them somehow?

When Designer/Photo was originally deleted from your iPad this also deletes the Affinity folder in the Files app which would've contained your files before you removed the app. Unfortunately there's no simple way to restore these once the app has been deleted.

If you have an iCloud backup of your iPad you could try restoring to a point when the app existed before and then save your files to a different file/location.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204184

There are some 3rd party apps which may be able to restore files but I can't make a recommendation.

19 hours ago, Jarulex said:

Impossible to find it in Apple Store, weird! Finally I bought it a second time, but I lost all my files. Any idea if I can recover them somehow?

You would need to ensure that you were using the same Apple ID that you used to initially purchase the app. That is the only reason (different ID) that it would not appear in purchases.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/