You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Transform Objects in Designer on Mac OSX M1 really NOT possible?

Hello,

i designed on Illustrator and CorelDraw years before... Now with Affinity Designer a tool is lost... Transform vectorized Objects to deform, twist, forgiven points and lines. Is there a plan to integrate this? It´s a pitty to get this good app and a base tool is obsolete now...

I would say: WAT THE F***K are Affinity is working on a ultimative transforming tool for vectorgraphics?

Please tell me...

If you look a little closer at the posts in this forum
you will notice that these requests for certain tools
appear repeatedly. For years.

Affinity doesn't say what's coming next.

But in the meantime, there are alternatives out there.
You'll find them if you read these posts.
Or do a little googling.

I own and love Affinity software, for other reasons  than tools like this.
But I'm not one who wait a for years. When I need a tool like this, I use other software.

You are right to name the advantages of Affinity Designer. if you suggest to do transformations in Affinity Photo i think this isn´t a good way.

I am not interested in perfection of the software. however, from my point of view, this software with all its advantages should not let this disadvantage stand. even a workaround via Affinity Photo is not a solution to the problem. If a software is advertised with the "design revolution", a time-honored possibility the rudimentary transformation of a vector form should be included.

It does me no good if I have to go one, and another detour in a quick store to get to solutions. That is unfortunately not enough for me, concerning transformation possibilities of vectors.
Nevertheless, it is a good software, however, the goal of a REAL solution should soon become possible. So I would like to take up again the topic, that the Tronsformation of objects in Designer should belong to the basics.

Thank you for your sugesstions. i hope more people want this features in Designer and more peoples going to talk about it. to chane to the needed basics in this app.

Cheers

Christian

Did not mean Affinity Photo as an alternative,
but of course other vector graphic programs

Take a look at this Thread / Post here
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/113642-free-transform-perspective-warp-tools/page/15/#comment-868645

Not really shure at the Moment but i think "Amadine" (Mac) has also transformation.

You mentioned a good point. Marketing, I think Affinity is good at that.

Because selling people a vector graphics program that doesn't offer such basic tools
is quite an accomplishment.

Well, I've stopped expecting much from Affinity. If something comes along, so much the better.

Still, I like the isometric mode in Affinity Designer and the ability to have a pixel persona
in a vector program. So that you can paint textures on vector shapes with pixel brushes.
And Pixel Persona works even in isometric mode.

22 hours ago, CDRowell said:

Hello,

i designed on Illustrator and CorelDraw years before... Now with Affinity Designer a tool is lost... Transform vectorized Objects to deform, twist, forgiven points and lines. Is there a plan to integrate this? It´s a pitty to get this good app and a base tool is obsolete now...

I would say: WAT THE F***K are Affinity is working on a ultimative transforming tool for vectorgraphics?

Please tell me...

Hello

It's true that Affinity Designer doesn't have much to offer in terms of vector tools. There have been really many requests, complaints and frustrations about the lack and waiting time in here. It is also hard to know if we can expect anything at all. And what.

If you have an M1 mac, then I think you should take a look at Vectorstyler, which really offers many vector tools. Vectorstyler is the logical alternative to Illustrator and Coreldraw when you look at features.

Affinity Designer is probably better compared to Krita. I really get a lot out of Designer for pixel based work, but it's never going to replace or directly compete with Illustrator and Coreldraw. 

Workflows with multiple programs, file exchanges, clipboard and such complex documents are a nightmare - a slow nightmare, so I pay the price for the right tools, so the tool often chooses itself.

10 Reasons Why Strategic Plans Fail
Having a plan simply for plans sake - Not understanding the environment or focusing on results - Partial commitment - Not having the right people involved - Writing the plan and putting it on the shelf - Unwillingness or inability to change - Having the wrong people in leadership positions - No accountability or follow through - Unrealistic goals or lack of focus and resources.

Get it?