You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

In both cases rasterisation occurs because you have used FX

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

And you have applied the outer shadow to the group layer. If you set the fx for each curve layer separate, only the fx would be rasterized.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

8 hours ago, Brenton said:

both the vector image on the "Hidden Hollow" logo, and text the "Comfrey Salve" gets pixelated.

That will always happen if you export to PNG because PNG is a raster image format.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Thank you so much to those that are helping for your time and you advice! Attached is a PDF with the text layers converted to curves, an FX on each individual layer instead of the group. Is there a way to keep the text "Comfrey Salve" from getting as pixelated? Maybe a setting I can change when exporting- or is it just because it's getting rasterized upon export?test.pdf

As mentioned above, every layer (or group) which has FX applied to it will be rasterised, there’s no way to stop that.
However, you could duplicate the layer, apply the FX to the ‘underneath-duplicate’ and the original layer will not be rasterised.
(You may also want to set the Fill Opacity - in the Effects Panel - of the duplicate to 0% to but this may introduce other problems in certain cases.)

5 minutes ago, Brenton said:

The text has been converted to curves, but even I export to SVG file, the "Comfrey Salve" is still pixelated. not sure what I'm doing wrong. 

It is the Group FX Layer that is pixelated, not the Layer above it with the text converted to curves. I assume this is because in the original Comfrey Label.afdesign file you uploaded you included an Outer Shadow & an Outline effect to the Comfrey¶Salve text layer.

If you remove the fx from both that & the HH logo group layer in the original afdesign file, nothing will be pixelated on export to SVG.

Obviously, if you do that you will have to find another way to simulate those effects using only text or vector curve objects.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7