You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problemas al importar archivo IDML a Affinity Publisher

Estoy intentando importar un catálogo desde Adobe Indesign a Publisher con formato IDML.

El Archivo IDML pesa 6 MB y cuando lo importo a Publisher pesa 1,53gb. Veo que lo importa a 600 dpi y lo cambio a 300 dpi pero aún así pesa demasiado y si trabajo con ese archivo se cuelga continuamente e incluso me da error de archivo y ya no lo puedo abrir.

Alguien puede ayudarme? empiezo aa estar un poco desesperado porque al importar el IDML también me reduce algunas cajas de texto que me toca remaquetar.

Muchas gracias.

• Staff

Hola @Ignoto bienvenido a los foros,

¿Podría proporcionarnos el archivo para que podamos investigar más a fondo? He proporcionado un dropbox privado a continuación si desea cargarlo allí.

https://www.dropbox.com/request/vfuOlTCnd3qY8X1qAOIj

-----------------

Could you provide us with the file so we can investigate further? I have provided a private dropbox below if you want to upload it there.

• Staff

Hi @Ignoto,

Thanks for sending over the files. It looks like Affinity has cached a lot of the remotely linked assets which has caused the file size to significantly inflate, on my side many of the .TIFF images (which are generally large) which are missing are still very high resolution.

Since I don't have access to your linked resources, could you initially try the below:

1. Open up Resource Manager
  2. Click on 'Size' to organise the file size from largest to smallest
  3. Set the first 5-6 images in the list to 'Embed' and save the file
  4. Go Back to Resource Manager and set the resources back to linked
  5. Save the file again and check if the file size has reduced.

Additionally, could you confirm which operating system you're using and if you're on an M1 Mac.

Thanks!

• Staff
7 minutes ago, Ignoto said:

If i's a porblem maybe I can try with my old Imac Intel 2013. Do you think it's worth it?

If possible I would try this on the older intel Mac, there is an issue currently logged with the developers which relates to file sizes dramatically increasing on M1 Macbooks with some files when saving.

Hello Nathan, I did what you told me:

1. Open up Resource Manager
  2. Click on 'Size' to organise the file size from largest to smallest
  3. Set the first 5-6 images in the list to 'Embed' and save the file
  4. Go Back to Resource Manager and set the resources back to linked
  5. Save the file again and check if the file size has reduced.

It worked!! now the file is 200mb, more or less the same of the original Indesign. But I have some program crash, I send you some captures. 

Captura de Pantalla 2022-08-11 a las 22.23.50.png

Captura de Pantalla 2022-08-11 a las 22.22.50.png

Captura de Pantalla 2022-08-11 a las 22.22.26.png

Also, I'm learning Publisher after 15 year with Indesign and I have this problem the I import IDML. Some layer that were in the master page apear  with an orange line in layers pannel (see capture) and I canasta change or delete anything.  in Indesign I had a key shortcut to take those elements out of the master page control but I cannot find the process in Publisher. I checked mani tutorial and I didn't see anyway.

Captura de Pantalla 2022-08-11 a las 22.33.11.png

• Staff
11 hours ago, Ignoto said:

It worked!! now the file is 200mb, more or less the same of the original Indesign. But I have some program crash, I send you some captures. 

Happy to hear that that file size has now dramatically reduced, which has confirmed the issue is likely related to the M1 file size increase problem, in terms of the crash reports, could you send them over as an attachment so we can take a look? The below forum thread details how to find the files via Console.

11 hours ago, Ignoto said:

Also, I'm learning Publisher after 15 year with Indesign and I have this problem the I import IDML. Some layer that were in the master page apear  with an orange line in layers pannel (see capture) and I canasta change or delete anything.  in Indesign I had a key shortcut to take those elements out of the master page control but I cannot find the process in Publisher. I checked mani tutorial and I didn't see anyway.

You can detach content for editing/transforming on the current page from the master page by highlighting the Master page layer and selecting 'Detached' on the context toolbar or alternatively by the default keyboard shortcut  Ctrl + Shift + D. The dotted orange line is to indicate master page layers which have had their content edited or have been transformed on the page.

https://affinity.help/publisher/English.lproj/pages/Pages/detachLinkMasterPages.html