You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Distort/skew perspective of curves in Affinity Designer.

13 hours ago, Boldlinedesign said:

I'm a fan of supporting any and all of the vector applications that increase subscription free options for users

"  + raster applications --- 20 years ago the Industry standard toolset was Adobe Photoshop, Macromedia Freehand and QuarkXpress - although a massive fan of Studiolink in Affinity, I still need to be able to create and complete vector work that was achievable 20+ years ago in Macromedia Freehand - so I'm totally on board with helping others struggling to fill the void, by recommending a powerhouse solution.

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

• 4 months later...

I too just recently have struggled with this 'vector-based distortion' that I was able to achieve easily from what—AI 5.0 days? Rather disappointed to see only a very rudimentary version of this sort of thing in AD. I should have spent more time investigating.

In looking at an 'alternative' piece of software mentioned here, while loaded with with all sorts of options, I found the typographic end of that one to be very disappointing. So for me, Affinity Designer will still win the day, BUT . . . I would LOVE to see the vector distortion part added in to either an update OR as a add-on module that can do these things. I hate to say it, but being able to create vector-based distortions is the bread & butter of a lot of Designers.

On 9/10/2022 at 4:26 AM, Dazmondo77 said:

you could do what you want detailed above on a super complex vector graphic, copy pasted from Affinity and back, in a few seconds - save yourself grief = Affinity + VectorStyler 

Still trying to make that c&p thing work. AD doesn't like to accept. Hmmmmm . . .