You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is there a way in Designer that, with or without converting to curves, I can take text and transform it so that one side is longer than another, giving it a trapezoidal shape? Alternately, can I take my curves or text and distort ir arbitrarily by moving a corner, similar to Photoshop's "distort" transform function. Basically, I just need to have a block of text that is larger on one end and gets smaller at the other end...without changing the font of every single character one at a time to gradually increasing (or decreasing) size.

I can find out to resize it, rotate it, skew it, but no way to stretch it like that.

Examples from Photoshop:

image.png.85d36451eca9347c37e137708e5a9bb0.pngimage.png.5c2d5838027d216b71c1e3f27a0f19a1.png

In ADe for keeping things as plain vectors (with converted to curves) on export, not really!

You can though reuse the APh Perspective distortion live filter in ADe via Assets for performing such a distortion (see therefor this Resources thread), but the exported result will then be rasterized, aka an embedded bitmap and no plain vectors!

Sadly there aren't any real vector distortions (free transform, warp, perspective ...) available in ADe!

live-filters.jpg.eb2b065a602399b5f8c867c4cd154396.jpg

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

1 minute ago, Tokamak said:

I don't have Affinity Photo, but I may need to get it one of these days anyway.

You don't need APh for those Live Filter Assets (just follow the above shown link and install those Assets in ADe), they've be done in order for reusage in ADe!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2