You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo on iPad pro os15.6

Adjustments not working for 7 of  the options. Curves, Colour Balance, Channel Mixer, Split Toning, Selective Colour, OCIO and Lens Filter.

After selecting the one of these options nothing happens. There is no contextual tool bar displayed nor masking layer added to the layers panel.

This occurred suddenly before the very recent iOS update, and still persist after. All other Adjustment options still working perfectly!

Please help. Rob Owen.

• Staff

Hi @Rob Owen,

First can you try a forced restart of your iPad as outlined on this link and then see if you still have the same issue.  If you do still have the issue, can you please attach a screen recording showing you trying different adjustments, as that may show us why its stopped working for you.  Thankfully Apple made it really easy to record the screen on iPad, just see this link.

Thank you for responding so quickly, this is really appreciated. I have done a forced restart, as you suggested, and this has now resulted in none of my adjustment options working. They are all now not showing a masking layer in the layers panel, or displaying a contextual tool bar menu after being selected.

I tried the filters options to find out if these had also been affected, but discover they are all working perfectly. and show a mask in the layers panel in the event that I opt for 'live filters'.

I will attach a screen recording as soon as I am able, but this might take some time since I am writing from South Africa, and we are about to enter a session of "load shedding". 

I have since opened Affinity Designer on my iPad, and the adjustments in both the vector persona and the rasta persona work perfectly. So this is not a iOS operating system problem, but instead an Affinity Photo problem.

file:///var/folders/3v/9tmjb7417qvfh0d0btk08sw00000gn/T/com.apple.Safari/WebKitDropDestination-IPQRLSwH/RPReplay_Final1659718491.mp4

After trying a few things I finally got to a point where some of the above mentionned adjustments seem to disappear or be unavailable.

After selecting the "Adjustments Studio" button from the right pane, once you used the arrow, right or left on each side of the "Adjustements" title many options don't display their context tool bar at the bottom, so there is no way to use them.

You have to keep scrolling left or right until "Adjustments" returns as the main title. Then all adjustments tools are back to work.

This is on iPad OS 16 beta 2.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"