You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity designers for 3 uasers

2 hours ago, ClaudioCos said:

Now I would like start to use with 3 costumers in differents locations

Is it possible?

Are you talking about three different users using the program on different computers, for commercial purposes?

If so, that would require three licenses, as far as I know.

If you were asking about you (one user) using it on a computer that you own, at three different customer sites, that could be done with a single license.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

It is not recommended that you share documents via work directly with documents which are stored on networks or cloud storage (or similar) because of the way the Affinity applications work. See Walt's response below.

You can package the documents so they can be worked on in multiple places but there is no automatic synchronising functionality.
This means that all changes done to one copy of the document would need to be re-done to all other copies of the document manually.

Also, each machine would have to have the same fonts installed, as are used in the documents, and any linked files/resources may be a problem.

Basically, what I think you want to do is possible, up to a point, with lots of manual packaging and careful editing control, but I personally wouldn’t want to try it with anything important.

Someone else may have a different opinion.

Edited by GarryP
Added clarification.

3 hours ago, GarryP said:

It is not recommended that you share documents via networks or cloud storage (or similar) because of the way the Affinity applications work.

I would say that you should not Open documents that are on network drives, or Save documents to network drives. But it should be acceptable to copy a document from a network drive to local storage, Open and Save it on the local storage, then copy the document back to the network storage when you're done.

But I agree that the fonts and any linked resources are likely to cause problems. Using Packages, as you also mentioned, should handle both of those issues. The Package can then be copied from the network location to local storage, and a new Package can be generated when the local editing is done. The new Package can then be copied back to the network location, ideally as a new version with the old one kept as a backup.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1