You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is this a bug with brushes or intended?

So I just want to draw out some lines with the pen tool and have them taper at the ends.

It seems the only way I can do this is to draw the line, select my profile for pressure, and then click one of the brush presets. I have to do this for each line- but would like to just have these settings "on" and be able to keep drawing similar lines in the same layer.

It looks like it's supposed to work the way I want, as all the required functions stay selected (pressure curve, brush style), but still I have to repeat the steps.

Any ideas as to what I could be doing wrong or is this a bug?

Hi Gideon,

and welcome here …  :)

Create your first stroke and apply a stroke width and a pressure profile. Then select it (if it isn’t already selected), and click the Synchronise Defaults from Selection button on the main toolbar. Afterwards you can draw on with the custom stroke width and pressure profile applied (see my video).

To go back to the app defaults, simply click the Revert Defaults button besides the Synchronise button. If these buttons are not already visible on your toolbar, use View > Customise Toolbar.

Hope that helps …  :)

Alex

Thanks ABC! I ended up going into illustrator and manually achieved what I was looking for using the blob brush, but for my next project I'll put this knowledge to good use.

Apparently I need to watch more tutorials too- luckily the developers and community has been good enough to create quite a few good ones!

Thanks again!