You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Creating an SVG logo in AD to insert into an area with dimensions.

11 minutes ago, R C-R said:

By "mounting area" are you talking about creating a new artboard or something else? Either way, I am not sure how this relates to importing a document, since the Artboard Tool is not used for that.

I guess to answer the OP's question it does not really matter what tool or workflow is used.

The fact is that 1 Affinity document has 1 resolution (DPI) which may get changed any time AND every single raster image or container file type resource placed or pasted inside this document can have its own resolution which also may get changed but then influences its layout size within its parent Affinity document.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

It seems from your screenshot that you are talking about the AD Artboard Tool, right?

Yes, the question is, when exporting, we can choose the settings if "document" or "selection" is exported. You can also select DPI when creating a document. But I didn't find this anywhere when creating/exporting the "artboard".

3.jpg.4f119100eb1adea773df62e2ffaf1c91.jpg

4.jpg.df7e5c1a6fa420617aa22739521d0c69.jpg

5.jpg.ca8ef89663959c8b02038f7b42b772f6.jpg

The Designer document has a DPI setting of x DPI. All of the artboards have the same DPI.

Place a JPEG/TIFF/PNG and you have all the pixels there regardless of the original file's DPI. The picture may be larger or the same size or smaller in inches or cm but all the pixels are there. 

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

2 hours ago, kosh said:

Yes, the question is, when exporting, we can choose the settings if "document" or "selection" is exported. You can also select DPI when creating a document. But I didn't find this anywhere when creating/exporting the "artboard".

Strange, to me it feels you ask the same question multiple times – but also seemed to understand each time it was answered … to ask the question again with different words.

Now the orange part makes me wonder:
• If you are aware about the DPI of an Affinity document – what makes you expect to set the DPI of an artboard separately?
• If each artboard could have DPI of its own – what would then the document's DPI mean and affect at all?
• For what use do you want a layout document with varying resolution on every of its single artboards or pages – while the layout objects are able already to have various DPI.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

3 hours ago, kosh said:

Your first two screenshots show options for the Artboard Tool. Again, this has nothing to do with exporting all or part of a document or creating a new document. That tool just creates artboards of various sizes, like the same size as the already-created document or a selection of some or all of its parts.

The Export settings control what area of the document gets exported. The options for the area depend on several things, like if there is one or more artboards or if anything is selected. For example, with two artboards you might see something like this:

936246779_exportarea.jpg.7b93ae52426053ff2aec6eefee8d5861.jpg

Refer to the chart in the help topic to see which export formats support what DPI in the export formats that support setting DPI independently of the document DPI (which is set during creation of new documents or changed at any later time via the Dimensions tab in the AD File > Document setup menu item.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7