You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

As I am starting to use Publisher for more projects and finding a pain point – Collaboration.

Currently it’s not possible to share a Publisher document with a client who doesn’t have the Affinity Suite.

I currently have to export as PDF, upload to a third party service that allows sharing and commenting, and then work through the PDF comments to update the document.

It would be amazing if I was able to upload a document to an Affinity Cloud service, where clients can comment on the read-only document which is synced with my Publisher Desktop for me to action.

Failing that, the ability to download an Affinity Viewer so clients can view the document for comment without needed an Affinity license.

Thanks

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

🙄

@GarryP @Pšenda and many others in here. You guys are as usual just on routine autopilot with your thousands of responses.

"Have you thought about that?" Nah. You haven't.

I hope Serif thinks a bit more about such input from customers, and looks out at the market and the future.

If you made the effort and gathered some knowledge, instead of ranting on here about things you don't understand, you would see a tremendous growth in collaboration features in many software genres, and of course it accelerated during covid lockdowns.

If you had ever been on a large commercial project as a salaried employee - I can easily guess that you haven't - it's not about everyone being an editor or content provider - it's about being able to share, get input, directly at online meetings or electronically when the colleague, stakeholder or customer has time and much more. And that doesn't happen by sharing PDFs or other outdated nonsense. It happens online. Simultaneously or asynchronously.

But that kind of thing is built around cloud services, and Serif has built their products around old Stone Age principles, and builds their business on tens of thousands of small savers, so they'll never ever get to that level, nor is that their plan.

Haha, what the hell am I doing here anyway. I (we) are done evaluating Affinity, which is products for amateurs, private associations and tiny traders, but marketed as much more (it's not), while this forum is totally dominated by users whose hobby is to be on this forum. Get out a bit. You should have learned that much from covid lockdowns. And by the way, it's summer.

Adieu. I and my colleagues are not going back, we have been so confirmed by the evaluation that we should not lower the bar. But it was a lot of fun to think that some cutting-edge, low-cost programs had been found. But it was just a bluff. Nicely wrapped up.

Signing off, checking out, leaving the plimsoll:
Eddie

10 hours ago, Customer Feedback said:

If you had ever been on a large commercial project as a salaried employee - I can easily guess that you haven't - it's not about everyone being an editor or content provider - it's about being able to share, get input, directly at online meetings or electronically when the colleague, stakeholder or customer has time and much more. And that doesn't happen by sharing PDFs or other outdated nonsense. It happens online. Simultaneously or asynchronously.

You really have no idea what you're talking about. Nowadays companies use dedicated online project management tools. All collaborative work happens there. Those tools already have good features for editing/reviewing PDFs, images and Office files. For example we use Wrike in our company. I share all my Affinity work there as PDFs, PNGs or JPGs. There is no point in Affinity reinventing the wheel. Adobe has its own "share for review" online system. I tried it several times but went back to Wrike because everybody else in our company is there.

I'm very surprised and disappointed at the tone and mood that this thread has gotten - I have provided some feedback/feature suggestion (which is the intent of this Forum) on the off chance that it'll find it's way onto the roadmap (or support something that is already on it.) - and the only person to provide a response that isn't childish or forgets that I'm just an end user providing feedback is @PaoloT (cheers buddy - sadly Screensharing isn't ideal)

The Affinity products are really good - but missing some features (same goes to the over priced, over bloated, frequently crashing 'market leader'). But this Forum seems to be a waste of time.

51 minutes ago, Martyn T said:

The Affinity products are really good - but missing some features (same goes to the over priced, over bloated, frequently crashing 'market leader'). But this Forum seems to be a waste of time.

You posted your feedback. Wait for somebody from Affinity to react. Feel free to ignore our comments.

2 hours ago, tudor said:

Wait for somebody from Affinity to react.

That may be a long wait, as the Serif staff generally don't interact in the Feature Request part of the forum.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1