You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Up until yesterday, when I would create a new Affinity Photo document and check the box next to "transparent background" it would work as expected. Once the document was created, I'd see a canvas with checkers in it. However, suddenly without warning this stopped working and now all I see is a white background even with this option ticked. 

I tried completely uninstalling the application and reinstalling. The problem persisted. And for some reason when I would paint on the document with the brush tool, it would erase instead of draw before I uninstalled and reinstalled. Then I did the reset trick when opening the application to clear everything. The transparency problem is still not fixed, though painting now works as expected. 

I've also just noticed that if any other window hovers over the document area, the transparency checkers show around that windows borders in my Affinity Photo document.

How do I fix this issue? I'm using Affinity Photo for Windows and I have Windows 10.

I've attached 3 files: one showing my new document settings, one showing the new document and the menu option that shows its supposed to be transparent, and one showing the weird checkers that show up when a window hovers over the document.

New Document Settings.png

What Happens with proof its transparent.png

Borders of hovering windows have transparency around them.png

I’m not seeing anything wrong in your screen-shots.
You have Transparent Background set to ON and I can see the transparency chequerboard as expected.
Maybe I’m being slightly more dim than usual but I can’t see what the problem is.
Would you be able to explain a bit more about what is wrong?

If the screen shots you posted look wrong to you, I'd suggest you try recalibrating your monitor!

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

After receiving all of these comments, I looked at these screenshots again, but on my phone. And everyone is right, there is nothing wrong here. But on my PC, the checkerboard area looked solid white. 

It's strange. I'll try calibrating the monitor. 

Thanks everyone.