You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

File crashes on opening?

Hello. I was recently putting together a project in Affinity and late into the process, I was adjusting some of the images and it crashed. Now whenever I try to open the file, it asks if I wish to recover an unsaved version; either response (or no response) it crashes. Is there a way to recover this file? It was eight hours of work I'd rather not repeat.

LWF experimental layout problem.afpub

Hmmm....

I checked both files and the one from @LeeThorpe (LWF experimental layout problem recovery.afpub) crashed but the one from @themushroompress (LWF experimental layout problem.afpub) didn't crash.

Mac OS 11.6.8

publisher crashes.zip

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• Staff

@Old Bruce Just before I disappear down a rabbit hole looking into this weirdness, could you double check it was the recovery one that crashed? 

Lee

18 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

Hmmm....

I checked both files and the one from @LeeThorpe (LWF experimental layout problem recovery.afpub) crashed but the one from @themushroompress (LWF experimental layout problem.afpub) didn't crash.

Mac OS 11.6.8

publisher crashes.zip 100.4 kB · 1 download

4 hours ago, LeeThorpe said:

@Old Bruce Just before I disappear down a rabbit hole looking into this weirdness, could you double check it was the recovery one that crashed? 

Lee

Here is what I am doing with the files

First the recovery file

Affinity Publisher_2022-08-04-080222_Bruces-Mac-Pro.crash

I used the Crash Report window's reopen button to restart Publisher and had a blank no files open interface so I reopened the two files I had open at the beginning. and I opened the original.

I did a save as and that file crashed as well when I opened it.

Affinity Publisher_2022-08-04-081319_Bruces-Mac-Pro.crash

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.