You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Do I need to do anything to unregister an unavailable device (reinstall the system and identified as two different devices)?

At first, my device is windows 10. After I bought affinity photo&designer, I've downloaded them and then logged in, also registered this win10 device.

A few months later, I reinstalled the system to windows 11. Now when I install affinity, i was asked to re-register the device.

Now there're two different records for the same device on https://store.serif.com/zh-cn/account/registered-apps/.(One is windows 10, and the other is windows 11)

Need i unregister the old device? But I didn't find any entrance to do that. Also, now i'm not able to get any access to the old system.

Also, i wonder if there is a maximum number of registered devices?

Edited by zsh2517
Change the title for better description. Also change the language.

The only way to remove an entry from that list is to run the application on that system, access My Account within the application, and Sign Out. If you did not do that before updating the system to Windows 11, your Windows 10 entry will be in the list forever.

That won't hurt anything, as there is no limit on the number of systems you can use the application on. It just looks messy.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I'm in the same boat. I installed it on a Windows 10 device, but the operating system failed, and I had to reinstall it. On doing that, the system name changed, and it showed as two. I can't now get rid of that device on the account page. Good to know that there's no maximum number of activations.

• 1 month later...

To be honest, I don't really understand the reason for registering devices if there is no way to make the list of devices accurate. It does seem odd that there is no way to remove entries if you no longer have access to that particular device. I'm sure that, if Serif just want to know that you have their software, there is a better way to do it!

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad