You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Exclamation points show up when importing PDF

Exclamation points show up (see pic) when importing PDF book. Sometimes it shows with 2, sometimes just one on top. I've tried adjusting the margins. I'm all up to date on macOS and Affinity. I'm not sure what this means, any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2022-08-01 at 4.27.34 PM.png

Please don’t post the same issue in multiple threads: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/165830-exclamation-marks-on-imported-pdfs/
Multi-posting causes all kinds of problems and makes it much more difficult for other people with the same problem to find answers.
It also means that it’s probably more difficult for you to get an answer as the possible (partial) solutions will be split between multiple threads.
I would recommend that you hide either this thread or the other one so that only one thread on this issue remains.

Note: Please don’t post new issues as “bugs” until you know it’s really a “bug” and not user-error or expected application behaviour.

8 hours ago, GarryP said:

Please don’t post the same issue in multiple threads: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/165830-exclamation-marks-on-imported-pdfs/
Multi-posting causes all kinds of problems and makes it much more difficult for other people with the same problem to find answers.
It also means that it’s probably more difficult for you to get an answer as the possible (partial) solutions will be split between multiple threads.
I would recommend that you hide either this thread or the other one so that only one thread on this issue remains.

Note: Please don’t post new issues as “bugs” until you know it’s really a “bug” and not user-error or expected application behaviour.

I hid the other one. I wasn't sure where it was best to post this issue.

8 hours ago, DWright said:

Is it possible to send me a copy of the E-book PDF using the following Dropbox link to check as there may be security features on the PDF preventing it from  being fully read by Affinity Photo

https://www.dropbox.com/request/vqqBkLlXZjFAs8PaduwR

Thanks, I tried exporting a different way from your comment and it worked.