You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Master and bleed on PDF export

ashf

This is most likely due to the fact that you are using single page Master/Parent Pages on Facing Pages spreads. The default is for the single page Master/Parent page to be a Left hand page and so there is no bleed on the righthand side of the page as that would be the gutter. If you make a Facing page Master/Parent and apply A to it for the left and right pages then apply that to the facing pages then it will work.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

18 hours ago, ashf said:

That's not it. this happens only when a child master is used.

This happens when using Single Page Master/Parent Spreads on Facing Page Spreads. Use Facing Page Master/Parent spreads on Facing Pages spreads. Or use single page spreads if you want to work with single page Master/Parent Pages.

Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

Have you checked the attachments above? they are not the same with the original post.
The problem does not happen when using Single Page Master/Parent Spreads on Facing Page Spreads.
Children also should work properly.

Yes I have looked at the attachment you included. Thanks for including the document, it made the problem crystal clear to me.

All I can say is what I have already said.

This could well be a bug.

Or it could be improved. But that would mean there would be additional work that we would need to do when we make a single page Master/Parent page for use with Facing Page spreads. I just make and use Facing Page spreads for the Parent pages when I am working with Facing Page spreads. Makes my life so much easier.