You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer Crashing when opening PDF or Illustrator Files using Macos Ventura Public 2

Just wanted to share a screen shot about Designer Crashing when opening PDF or Illustrator Files.  It is happening using Open CL and Metal when using MAC OS Ventura Public release 2 and the latest affinity Software.

Since ventura is in Beta, hopefully this contribution is helpful.  I submitted a bug report through apple as Well.

Willy Pimentel
M1 Imac 16gb Mac os Ventura Latest 

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem - haven't been able to open PDFs anymore in AD for quite some time... have to use Inkscape instead as a work around.

Any info on the next update?

PS: If you like maps you might also have a look at this community!
PPS: Want to know more about me and my ways? Head over to an Affinity Spotlight article about me and my maps!
PPPS: Do you love public transit and transit maps too? Then have a look at my home-made collection of transit maps under www.instagram.com/transitdiagrams or www.twitter.com/transitdiagrams

PPPPS: Other works than transit maps can be found here www.behance.net/chrisneuherz 

• 2 weeks later...

Affinity has some serious problems with PDF while exporting .  output is cropped...   I hope the are working on an update because this is a replacement for illustrator but right now is not stable for printing or exporting pDFs.   
Export persona crashes everytime....

Willy Pimentel
M1 Imac 16gb Mac os Ventura Latest 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/19/2022 at 9:51 PM, Willy Pimentel said:

Affinity has some serious problems with PDF while exporting .  output is cropped...   I hope the are working on an update because this is a replacement for illustrator but right now is not stable for printing or exporting pDFs.   
Export persona crashes everytime....

For me the export works well.

PS: If you like maps you might also have a look at this community!
PPS: Want to know more about me and my ways? Head over to an Affinity Spotlight article about me and my maps!
PPPS: Do you love public transit and transit maps too? Then have a look at my home-made collection of transit maps under www.instagram.com/transitdiagrams or www.twitter.com/transitdiagrams

PPPPS: Other works than transit maps can be found here www.behance.net/chrisneuherz